It seems so quiet here...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bonnenuit, Oct 12, 2019.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

after all the posting and fun and games of last DSD weekend. What are you all doing this week?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Recovering mostly.
    I made so many layouts last week, posting, taking part in games etc.

And you?

bonnenuit likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

catching up with normal house stuff.

bonnenuit likes this.
  4. bonnenuit

I've spent most of this week working on the set-up for an annual book sale that an organization that I'm involved with holds. We use the money we raise to provide scholarships to women completing their college degrees. We've got well over 1,000 boxes of books to get organized and set out for two long weekends of sale time.

honeyandcheese likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Catching up and playing with all the photos I took this week!

honeyandcheese and bonnenuit like this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

It rained all day yesterday so we stayed in and wore jammies all day long! Today it is sunny and frigid. There was a frost advisory out for our area thru today at 9 a.m. So we hauled the potted plants into the garage. If it is dry enough outside, we may haul some brush over to our burning pile.

cfile and bonnenuit like this.
  7. bonnenuit

@mcurtt - I know, Marilyn, up here in Neenah it's 36 degrees but feels like 25. I'm not ready for this cold! At least it's sunny this morning.

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm trying to get some scrapping done! With all the other DSD festivities, I didn't get to do much actual scrapping! I also have to mow the lawn this weekend and we may go to the drive-in.

bonnenuit likes this.
  9. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I'm working on a hybrid Halloween goodie bag project to mail to my grandkids. We always went trick or treating together, so this year with them out of state feels a little sad.

And don't laugh . . . no, go ahead and laugh, cause now I'm "that cat mom" who is pulling together costumes for my cats. Cat photo shoot scheduled for tomorrow!

Our town's annual PumpkinFest is this weekend, so we may mosey over there tomorrow to check it out.

bonnenuit likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Had an early breakfast date with hubby, folded one load of laundry and put the other in the dryer, got ready for the day, and I'm just now settling down to the computer to do some scrapping this morning. This afternoon, we have the Alabama football game. I haven't decided if I'm going to draw or cross stitch while watching the game (it keeps me from getting too nervous and wrapped up in the game LOL). After that, I plan to scrap again, do some reading, and might stitch or draw more. It's going to be a lovely weekend at home. :)

pagefrocks and bonnenuit like this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Did some house cleaning so it didn't look bad when my cousins from out of town stopped by yesterday. Also, did laundry.

But, I did get back into scrapping! I did a double page layout last weekend for the song challenge. That challenge gave me the idea of how to scrap some concert photos from last year. So after I did those 2 pages I actually felt like scrapping another concert I went to last December. Then I decided to scrap the visit of my cousin and her granddaughters to the Armstrong museum in July. That led to the photos of that cousin's newest granddaughter born in June.... which led to finishing up scrapping the wedding of the new parents in 2017. Add in a layout of lunch get together in July with 3 high school friends. All in all I have scrapped 23 layouts in 3 days (not including the 2 done last weekend). Helps that on the multi page events I used the same kit for every page. And, I do minimal elements so it goes fast!

I think I'll continue scrapping today. No Buckeye football to distract me.

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We’re at our trailer in WA this wkend so we’ll be shopping this morning in town, I am looking for a coat and purse. We’ll binge watch some shows later and I’ll get out for walks with Taz later. Not sure if I’ll scrap or not but probably.

bonnenuit likes this.
  13. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

That is so awesome! I've caught a bit of a bug about scrapping, too - but nowhere near 23 layouts! Yayyyyy for Rene!

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It has been a busy week. I worked our election polling station - just a 15 hour day - on Tuesday. Recovered on Wednesday; ran around on Thursday and Friday. I did some scrapping last night. Today, I had a women's prayer breakfast and took a nap this afternoon. I am thinking about going for a very long walk because I need the steps. DD made sourdough bread yesterday and I indulged so it set me back. I may scrap this evening around 7pm or so...

This coming week is "off" before I start back on the repeat cycle of election work. It is surprising how exhausting it is to sit all day, but they are paying me...

bonnenuit likes this.
  16. bonnenuit

I know! I'm looking forward to my pay for 4 elections next year plus working 3 weeks of early voting before each, but I'm not looking forward to the number of hours it will be.

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm away from home - came over to the east coast of Florida to hang with two of my gk's while my DD and SIL went out of town. I'm catching some scrapping time in the evenings.

bonnenuit likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The usual! Chauffeuring my kids to their activities or working in the box office.

bonnenuit likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Don't worry, it'll be full-on Halloween fun before you know it!

It's back to school here tomorrow so we went (offline) to my mum's for a few days & so i'm catching up on laundry stuff now but my carpal tunnel issues are much better after feeling it during DSD so the down time helped with that :) You reminded me I'm meant to be sorting books from all our shelves to take to donate to the 2nd hand book fair next weekend though; we all end up doing more reading than sorting when we start though so it is kinda slow going!

20. bonnenuit

That's me when I decide that my bookshelves need organizing. :)

bellbird likes this.