It’s a new decade!!!! 2020

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 3, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I am determined to reach my goal this year!!!! Who’s with me? Who wants to keep me accountable?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh Farrah! I am so in. I lost weight and maintaining thru holidays! Now for next 10 to come off!
    Let’s do it and hold each other accountable!

Do you have a plan?

FarrahJobling likes this.
  3. FarrahJobling

My goal is 50 lbs to lose

4. AnneofAlamo

You can do it!

5. FarrahJobling

so a plan? Maybe we could make a chart?

eating well (protein and green- low carb)
    planning meals ahead of time
    drinking water (96oz/day for me)
    exercising (20min/day)

what else?

6. FarrahJobling

@AnneofAlamo - are you going to do your monthly accountability threads again?

7. FarrahJobling

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's awesome @FarrahJobling ! I think I need that planner!
    I have external accountability since I'm taking a physical health class this semester. I'm waiting to see the requirements of that class to make my goals solid.
    I plan on a water goal, I slack way off during the winter! Also an exercise goal. I'm sticking with a calorie goal, and a veggies first goal for food. My goal is to try a new in season veggie every month, and one a week during sept-oct. I hung up a veggie chart in my kitchen to remind me of the in season veggies.

9. AnneofAlamo

I can indeed! It does help!
    I have been treadmill when cold and walking if sun out. But as soon as it hits 70 degrees, I am back on my bike! We live dirty Keto here, as due to high cholesterol I have to have more fiber and fruit. Lots of chicken happening, I can make it 100 different ways! bhahwhahah
    I have kept 60 pounds off, and would be happy with 20 more off, but am looking at 10 by March.
    I so recommend measuring yourself, as the scale is a mood killer, it goes up for no reason! lol
    but when inches come off, happy I am!

keepscrappin and FarrahJobling like this.
  10. FarrahJobling

Absolutely!!!! Let’s do this!!!! We got it!

11. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'm in. Sort of? I'm somewhat limited on what I can do because of the chronics (I can't eat most fruits or veggies or exercise long enough to work up a sweat - or get the endorphins going, and man do I miss that already), but I'm determined to do what I can. I just have to be patient.

Most important part is counting calories for what I can eat. I refuse to starve myself so I shoot for 2,000 - most days I fall short and land around 1,800, which works. I eat whatever I want/can but I make sure to portion/weigh/measure everything. I use FitDay for keeping track; it's a clunky old website (no apps), but out of all the ones I've tried (which is all, I think), it's the easiest to use and tailor to my needs. It also gives you calorie counts for normal, daily activities - which really helps me understand I burn more calories than I think I do.

Water is another big one. I finally gave myself permission to be un-eco friendly and buy bottled water and that makes such a difference. Not only does it taste better, it also gives me a visual count for how much I've had for the day. Bonus points in that my mom is drinking more water now as well.

As for exercising - baby steps. A pedometer on my phone, and little bits sneaked in where I can. I do knee lifts while I'm brushing my teeth, make a conscious point to keep my stomach sucked in as much of the day as I can, use fitness bands for quick pec pulls throughout the day.

My first goal is getting under 200 (roughly 30 pounds) - once I get there I'll adjust. I just keep reminding myself that any forward progress is good. It's taken 15 years to get into this awful shape, I can't expect to reverse in 15 weeks.

bestcee likes this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

I don't know if you have ever looked at Keto? real Keto. no fruit (cept avocado if you can have it) not sure what vegi's you can have...that would be the key.
    but in a nutshell(you can have nuts, I can't lol, allergic) but it is meat, cheeses, green vegi's -no wheat, flours, sugars and low or no exercise is one of the highlights. I lost 60 pounds on it, to get myself to a point I could begin exercising.

blueberries likes this.
  13. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

@AnneofAlamo I wish I could do keto - I did Atkins when it first came around and had some success, but when I tried it again after the chronic showed up it was a disaster. Apparently ketosis and auto-immune hyperthyroidism don't play well together at all.

14. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

I have a small accountability group with my sisters and niece but would love to do it here too! I started seriously working on things in 2019 and have lost 36 pounds so far. My goal is at least another 50 pounds. I have been exercising at home but will be doing some classes at the gym with my sister soon as well. I count calories and use My Fitness Pal to track that and my macros. My biggest issues is getting enough water (I don't drink soda but I pretty much don't drink much at all) and veggies (I am terrible with a capital T with veggies).

Love Lynn's set up there! I was looking at a fitness planner pack from The Happy Planner as well.

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I wish you all well on your healthy journey. I lost a lot of and kept it off with low carb plans (keto and then paleo). Now I follow a carb cycle plan (Trim Healthy Mama) so that I eat mostly low carb but then some days have high (healthy) carbs. Find the plan that works for you and that you find sustainable.

Farrah - yes, meal planning helps. It worked so well for me b/c in the past I would grab unhealthy foods when I was stressed, tired, busy, etc. It would be like my brain would shut down and I just couldn't figure out what I could eat so I ate the wrong things and always gained the weight back. Not knocking WW or other plans but that didn't work for me. Low carb worked best for me and once my blood sugar level was stable I stopped craving all the time which made a big difference.

Exercise is where I struggle. I jog a bit and walk every day but just haven't found time to get back into weight lifting. Hopefully I will get a schedule worked out for myself.

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am doing what I did early in 2019. But I only lost 6 pounds and then gained it all back after the wedding in June. Since July 25, I have lost 21, soon to be back to 23 (just 2 pounds of Christmas left). I intend to eat and exercise this way for the rest of my life, so I am not sure how low I will get - whatever the body wants, but I only need 8 pounds off to get to "normal" BMI.

A big difference this time around is Water. The recommendation I was given was: take your current weight, divide it by 2, and that is how many ounces you should be drinking a day. So a 160 pound person would drink 80 oz or 10 cups. I weighted more than that, so I started at a goal of 12 cups in a day. When that much water is sloshing around, there is no room for food, nor are you hungry.

And the other really big one? Me and food broke up. Food no longer controls me or my life. Only Jesus does.

1. Drink 10 cups water a day
    2. Get 10,000 steps a day, every day
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours every night (according to my Fitbit - not how long I am in bed)
    4. Eat healthy food - no sweets, only 1 bread per day, lots of protein, veggies, fruit
    5. Only eat when my stomach is growling and stop when I start to feel full, even if that means I leave food on the plate
    6. No food after 8pm (I was a evening snack-er) - even if my stomach is growling at me (hunger is good)
    7. Take very small portions of food - I can always get more, but I rarely do
    8. Be kind to yourself - tomorrow is another day to start over again
    9. Make a pretty planner with lots of stickers to track it all & journal every day about how it is going

AJK likes this.
  17. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

Love this @BevG!

BevG likes this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

BevG likes this.
  19. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm in! I definitely need to lose weight, and I do have a goal of what I would like to lose... but I'm really trying to focus on taking better care of myself in general. I started Noom two weeks ago and I'm meeting with a personal trainer for the first time today. The rest of my family goes to her, I'm the last hold out. She knows the place I'm coming from (I broke my neck at age 14 which left me with a spinal cord injury that has me significantly weaker on one side) and we're working on a long term health goal for me.

I'm tracking everything in the app, but I have the itch to do something more public, you know? Maybe not public, but something fun and creative that I would be sad to stop if I fell off of the wagon... lol!