ISO of 2 themed kits

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by djp332, Mar 26, 2018.

1. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

My husband recently retired after 37 years of working at the same company. I have not been able to find a kit to scrap all the pictures from 3 parties. Anything Chemisty, Chemical Engineering, job-related, retirement. Not too cutesy.

Also, my daughter and I attended a #MarchForOurLives rally over the weekend and I'm looking for a kit to scrap those pictures with. I've searched rally, protests, human rights, and can't come up with anything at all. Again, not too cutesy.

Any suggestions would be quite appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

When I read chemistry, I instantly thought of my favorite science kit by Amber LaBau!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

djp332 likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Love that science kit that Desi suggested!
    Here's a couple that might work for the rally...

This one is geared toward girls, but has some great word art and stuff in it
    [​IMG]

And this one came to mind as well
    [​IMG]

This one has some great stuff, too
    [​IMG]

djp332 likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

djp332 likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I like this one by Danyale. I combined with some of Lynn Grieveson Numeration brushes when I made a layout with it.
    [​IMG]

djp332 and AnneofAlamo like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

When Amber released her Science Chic kit, she had in her newsletter (I think that was were I got them) some fun word art with words spelled out with the element from the periodic table like: fun, rethink, winner, etc. You might contact her about getting those. Or you could cut up the periodic table included in the kit and make your own words like: retire, done, job, etc.

djp332 likes this.
  7. djp332

Thanks, ladies. I’m off to investigate the shop. I still can’t find any kits for the rally.

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

When I get stuck like this I use alphas & photo_centric templates (some alphas have the hashtag symbol) or styles to jazz up a font (or possibly from the photos I've seen, u could also use a cardboard\kraft paper to make some personalised protest sign pocket cards and go pockety?)

(on a related note, as a non-US person, kudos to you both for being part of it & I was glad to see so many people join those protests & hope that positive change follows)

Sara and djp332 like this.
  9. djp332

Thanks! Our rally was pretty awesome. They expected 6,000 marchers and ended up with over 30,000! The students who organized it did a great job. My daughter is a teacher who would rather teach Shakespeare instead of teaching her students where to hide.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I adore the word art from the She is Fierce above. I saw a few Women's March using it that were lovely.

There's some great word art in this one that would work for a rally I think:
    The Time is now; No More Waiting; go confidently; the next step; go forth and conquer. I'm not sure if there was a color scheme? But I like the browns in this one too.

[​IMG]

This one is more brave centered, but I think it's brave to protest.
    (retirement sale!)
    [​IMG]

djp332 likes this.