Is there anyone else still trying to catch up?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 2, 2018.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Please tell me I am not alone in this madness! I thought I only had nine left yesterday, and after making three I realized that I had commented on some of the other challenges, so I had actually done less than I thought. Sadness. :(

cfile likes this.
  2. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Cheering you on here! About the only advice I have would be to keep them as simple as you can to let you scrap quicker & meet the requirements. You can always come back to them after the deadline & finish them up!!

Sending good scrappy creative vibes to you!!!

cfile and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Also cheering you on. Try to make your pages without using multiple kits if possible, it speeds things up greatly, and drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated and alert. Wishing you the best of luck (and an extra 12 hours added to today).

cfile and weaselwatchr like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

5. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I swore I wasn't going to finish, I felt done days ago with trying but I've pushed through that and have two left, with a 3rd a tad questionable but the polly in charge said she'd let it pass. But I'm STUCK on heritage and tradition. I don't have much for photos before 2000 and I could easily scrap a tradition in the last 18 years but prior to that, I either don't remember or just have a total mental block.

Then I have to tackle the art doll challenge. I hope I don't fail right at the end now that I've gotten so close. I have done all but the first 5 challenges in the last several days.

LynnG and weaselwatchr like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome, Kat!! You can do this!! At this point, if I were you, I would just throw a couple of pages together with easy ideas and then, like others have recommended before, you can always "fix" them later so they suit you!! You have done amazing to get to this point! I'd start with the art doll because it's more like "playing" and maybe an idea will come to you for the tradition/heritage page. Sending positive vibes your way!!

Kat likes this.
  7. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Kat, the tradition/heritage challenge doesn't require photos. You could do a photoless page if that works better

Kat likes this.
  8. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I'm with you! I had six left as of yesterday but now I only have three left - 12 hours still!

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer
    Six cheers! You can finish MOC6!!!!!!

cfile likes this.
  10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Yeah I have no idea what to do for the heritage challenge either. I have to find a photo and that’s taking forever.

cfile likes this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Julie just posted above that no photo is required for that one. Just tell a story.

You can do it!

weaselwatchr, bestcee and cfile like this.
  12. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

I'm still working my butt off trying to finish! Thankfully I am having fun doing it, and still creating pages I love! Even if I don't make it to the end for the $20 GC...I'm putting in a valiant effort! JUST KEEP SWIMMING! Alright - back to scrapping!

Karen, bonnenuit, scrumptious and 3 others like this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

You can do it... I have confidence in you Danica! You still have 12 hours!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Ohhh, you gals and your determination just lift my spirits right up!!!! Remember, the doll doesn't need a face. It only needs a head, arms and torso. Find a cute quote for your page and throw on a background page, some flowers and---wa-la---you are done!!!! I am rooting for all of you!!!!!

scrumptious and weaselwatchr like this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

And @Kat
    Skip the photo. Tell the story. You can add a photo later if you find one.
    Stuck on story?
    Christmas as a kid? We had a tradition of opening 1 gift Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning. My dad 'santa' didn't wrap any gifts.
    My friend celebrated 2 Christmas every year - 1 with Dad and 1 with Mom.
    My husband went to Grandma's house for dinner.
    What about Thanksgiving? Did you always have that plop of cranberry sauce from the can that no one ate?
    {I'm trying to get your block gone!}

You go! You can do it!

scrumptious and Kat like this.
  16. Kat

I got it done! I used baking cookies. I also just finished the art doll challenge too and it's worth a look. I'm still laughing at how much fun I had with that one.

17. Kat

See $20 would be worth it if you don't spend a bunch in the process. I just checked my weekly total and ya'll I am not even going to say it, let's say it's more than you would dream possible in a week. But I had fun and when I told my husband sorry not sorry, he said oh well, it's just money. lol... wasn't even mad. In all fairness, he doesn't know the total either.

Karen, kimingvtx, HeatherB and 6 others like this.
  18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Me! As of yesterday I think I had 8 left to go. I should have thrown in the towel, since I've never in my life scrapped 8 layouts in 2 days, especially on days with work, family stuff, etc. But I just couldn't make myself give up on the idea of finishing, so I've been scrapping super simple, quick layouts. I've got 3 left to go now...fingers crossed I can make it by midnight!

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have two left and approximately 5 1/2 hours left to do them!

20. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Have some mojo vibes to see you through to the end~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

weaselwatchr likes this.