Is there an explanation of Various 'Share This Layout Options'

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cookingmylife, Oct 29, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 1.36.00 PM.png

I want to have a clickable link for Facebook posts but would also like to know what the various options are used for.

btw, I clicked the bottom FB rec on one of my own layouts and have no idea what it did or where it went!

tia!

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well Maureen... that's a great question! I don't really know the complete answer, but here's what I can tell you.

The 1st one just is the link to the page. Copy and Paste that one into a web browser and it would open the page for your layout.

The 2nd one (Share Image) is the link is the same thing as clicking on the image in the gallery and it open another tab with just the full sized layout image.

I don't even use those first two.

The 3rd one (Share BB Code) is what I use the most. If you copy and paste this one into a thread it will show the layout image (full sized) and it will be linked to your layout in the gallery.

The 4th one (Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code) does the same thing as the third one, except it will show a thumbnail sized image of your layout that is also linked to the layout in the gallery.

The 5th one shows a mini Gallery view of your layout. I'll show you samples of each below:

Share Page:
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/quilt-fabric-shopping.447748/

Share Image:
    [​IMG]

Share BB Code:
    [​IMG]

Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code:
    [​IMG]

Share BB [Gallery] Code:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    mary kate likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm not sure which one would work best on Facebook... maybe just the simple link in the first one? Along with uploading the small version as a photo? I don't post my layout on Facebook anymore because I think I would annoy my non-scrapping friends with how much I scrap. :giggle

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks @Karen I only paste in the FB gallery for @LynnG so I'm not overwhelming my friends.

Actually I'm rarely on FB otherwise, just my neighborhood Page. Gotta know the info about our seemingly endless gas, water and sewer work. 2+ years so far...

LynnG and Karen like this.