Is there an element you never use?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jan 4, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I finally realized what it is that I never use: single sequins or beads. I'll use them in a scatter but NEVER individually. It would take forever to get them spread out onto the page!

HeatherB likes this.
  2. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Interesting thread. I hate washi...can't really get it to shadow right. Also thick or rasied frames. Those turn me off totally. I don't mind think things on my layouts- metal, charms, buttons, etc, but not the frames.

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm the opposite...I will cut out sequins from a pre-made scatter so that I can place them exactly where I want them. And yes, it does take forever! :)

jenn mccabe and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I'm a flat scrapper, both traditionally and digitally; I do not use anything that looks like it would be too heavy for a sheet of cardstock to support when propped up on its own. I tried a couple (back in the day) and didn't like the way they looked in the album.

I've always been a big fan of die cuts and stickers, so I don't use much that are dimensional, unless they look like they would still look nice when pressed flat in a sheet protector.

5. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

I'm not a real fan of flowers - didn't use them when I traditional scrapped and rarely use them now. Day 4 MOC challenge was hard for me b/c I was overthinking how to cluster them. I completed the challenge, but I'm not really fond of my layout.

I also don't use journal cards very often. Their purpose just eludes me...

6. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I love alphas....but I so seldom use them.

Sequins and scatters can be difficult...but like HeatherB, I started "cutting" out sequins or erasing ones that are not where I want them.

I think the magic with digital scrapbooking is that we can break the rules of traditional scrapping...create whatever pleases you...even if the end result is a bit unrealistic...like a chunky metal frame on delicate paper. Anything can happen in photoshop. Make some magic!

Karen likes this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Buttons without thread and big, thick decorative frames.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

There isn't a specific element I don't use, but I really don't like polka dot papers. I don't even know why. :giggle

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm not sure what I never use ... have to think on that. I know I'm not a fan of alphas - like @keepscrappin said, much prefer word art when it fits the layout bc it is SO much easier/faster!

But I almost always move sequins in a pre-made scatter too. Puppet warp (full Photoshop) makes it a dream to do that!

HeatherB, Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  10. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

I love flowers. A lot. I like alphas and word arts. However, I prefer styled word arts not just paper strip ones.
    I will use just about anything.
    However, I do not like cartoon type elements especially ones that resemble thickers or felts, people elements, dots, so many patterned papers are a bit much for me too.
    I love paint and messy.
    The bulky frames don't bother me buti made bulky paper pages. 162 buttons on one paper page lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I have an element that I don't use, I try to use all the elements in a kit. But I struggle using elements in the mixed media kits, this is a new form of scrapbooking for me and something I would like to learn. I don't like using lots of flower elements either, I'm not a flowery person.

12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I typically don't use banners or bottle cap type things. I also rarely use the alphas. Finally, I don't like big bulky frames that look like picture frames on a wall. I will do flat paper frames, but that's it.

13. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm a pretty equal opportunity element user! I don't tend to use a lot of drawn themed-elements & stickers (animals, people, etc). I always think they are adorable in the kit preview, but find that when I've finished up my page, I've overlooked them in lieu of something else.

14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

All in all I really don't like elements all that much to begin with so I'm the total opposite of @Iowan :giggle I struggle to add most any but I don't think I've ever added a staple unless required and buttons? no no no tho I do like flairs. Strange isn't it...

Iowan likes this.
  15. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

There isn't anything I'd say I "never" use....but I tend to avoid extreme 3D objects....like pinecones, etc....