Is there a way to create my own PL templates in PSE?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by agoodwin, Jan 19, 2022.

1. agoodwin

agoodwin Member

Does anyone know of a way to create your own Project Life photo/page protectors to add my layouts to? I have so many packages of the physical pocket pages (eg, they're all named by a letter like A, B, C, D) but I've switched to digital so they're not going to help me anymore! I'd prefer just to make them instead of buying all of the digital kits. I believe I've seen it done before, just not sure how. Attaching an example. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Create the 12x12 blank page and then add rectangle shapes for the pockets on the page. I would make each one a different color so they are easy to see. This will give you something to clip your papers or photos to, plus make it easy to see each pocket. Save the file as a psd or tiff.

To use it, open it and immediately do a Save As naming it something else or put it in another folder, then scrap away!

3. agoodwin

agoodwin Member

How to make it 3D like it were real? Thanks Bev

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@agoodwin

Have you looked at our section of Pocket Page templates? There's a wide variety in the category . . . everything from ready-to-go (you just plug your photos in), to basic graphics, to layered with stitching.

Pocket Templates

You might also want to browse through our Memory Pockets Monthly (you can subscribe or just purchase monthly).

I have a live scrap session tomorrow night, and I can share some tips for you if you'd like to attend. Just ask your question in the chat section and Courtney will read it out to me and I'll share what I can! :) Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE for MOC 10

5. destiney1

destiney1 Well-Known Member

You just add shadows to each layer. I made a few of my own by just making the rectangles each on its own layer. You should be able to auto adjust the exact size of each one to the 4×6 or 4×4, etc in the bottom options of your using pse. Then just alt drag a copy around your page. I turned on my grid and used 'snap to grid to help align then properly. BUT I honestly just ended up buying a template maker on here that uses actions to auto make the pockets and will effectively round the corners for you. It's been soooo long I honestly don't remember what designer it was. Also buying the basic templates called 'week in review'. They are pretty affordable and you can use them again and again. N even rotate the whole thing to extend the variety. I've done all my 2019 with about eight of them, just moving the layers. Honestly I would also buy a good set of preset shadow styles. I use just Jamiee's that came in get welcome pack in like 2017 I think. They are a life saver!

Making the templates is honestly pretty easy if your familiar with your program. as long as you don't want rounded corners. I couldn't figure them out for the life of me!

bestcee likes this.
  6. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I know you said you'd like to make them. I told myself I could do that, but then I bought this instead because it was super easy to use. Basically, it's one big template and you just turn on and off the different layers to create whatever look you want. No plastic on these though.

[​IMG]

I've also used these and love how realistic they look! This one has A, B, C, and a few others in it:
    [​IMG]

I like how you can turn both the stitching and the plastic on and off depending on how you want it to look. It was easier for me to use this, then try to make it myself for the time it would take versus the money for these.

Teeks likes this.