Is MOC9 happening?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by Smileark, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything about MOC9. Is it going to take place in January?

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yes it is :)

3. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I'm so happy -- I was counting on it and have been getting my supplies in order and I think I've finally figured out my process to sync photos from my phone to computer using lightroom mobile. I'll be ready (I think).

edited to add, I would do it even without the gift certificate . . .

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I also had been wondering if MOC9 was happening. I may not have the time to take part fully but I hope to do some of the challenges.

5. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

So...what is MOC9?

LoveItScrapIt and bellbird like this.
  6. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

MOC = Month of Challenges, and 9 represents the 9th year. It takes place in January of each year and there is a new challenge posted each day. It is super fun and the forums and gallery will be a a buzz with activity.

tw1717, Lisa B, norton94 and 3 others like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

MOC is Month of Challenges.
    Every day in January a new challenge is posted. If you complete all the challenges successfully, then you get $20 gift certificate. It's a lot of fun! There's chats, and conversations, and help. I hope you join us!

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh it is the magic of scrapping! Everyday, a Polly/Designer host a challenge that is too challenge you. YOU have all month to complete them all. What it really does, is jump start mojo, creative juices and shove you out of comfort zone of scrapping!! The love and encouragement across the board is the most amazing part. Friendships are formed, and new people overwhelmed by the kindness!

Lisa B, mywisecrafts, Karen and 6 others like this.
  9. Lillyia

@elseepe @bestcee @AnneofAlamo Thank you all for the real nitty gritty details of the MOC9! You make it sound amazing. I hope I can become motivated enough to give it a go. Your responses have made me very curious about participating - sounds like a party that requires no pre or post clean up or food prep. What could be better in the month of January then to sit inside watching the snow fall and making creative use of my time...hope to join you all there.

10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am so excited!!! I honestly do my best layouts during MOC. This will be my 4th year doing it!

Dalis, bcnatty, norton94 and 6 others like this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It totally is, stock up on snacks now & you'll be set for the month! :pigout

Lisa B, bestcee and Angela Toucan like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hopefully you can join us, Lillyia! It's the best - a challenge a day is a "challenge" LOL but SO much fun and you'll love it! It makes January the best month of the year around here!:byay:bwave:compcoffee

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Must get my skates on and get back to the organising of my stash a few weeks back

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

MOC is great fun @Lillyia. I've learnt so many new things during the 3 MOCs I've done. New techniques, new ideas, new colour schemes, new themes, and new styles. I've even discovered styles that became a part of "my style". It's a great time to grow as a scrapper and have fun and make friends. When I posted "I'm stuck" this year, my inbox quickly filled with help. There's chats too, and the gallery moves so fast with everyone joining in and there's so much goodness to see.

Dalis, Karen, SeattleSheri and 2 others like this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

YAY!!! I'm so excited. I have been waiting all year for this. lol

16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I :heartlub MOC

It's what drew me in to TLP and I've been devoted ever since. :love

My advice, if you want to earn the gift certificate, is to not get more than a day or two behind. However, don't give up if you get several days behind either. A few years ago I went on a weeklong vacation the first week of January, during which I was unable to scrap, but the weekend after I returned, I caught up.

The thing I love most about MOC is that most of the challenges are the most creative ones the whole year. And it's just a wonderful way to spend a dreary cold dark month: learning new techniques, pushing myself to scrap in different ways, and recording life. My daily routine in January is to read the challenge first thing every morning, often in bed, on my phone. Then I can think about it throughout the day, even if I can't scrap until later that day or even the the next day.

17. Lillyia

@bellbird Snacks? Yes, that would be an incentive for me. alright!! Hahahaha. @Cherylndesigns I like the idea of all the flurry of activity and productivity during that slow month. And it does sound like fun. @Angela Toucan The idea of growing my scrapping skills and of new ideas is great. I need it because I seem to have sunken into a rut. I do need some motivation. @michelepixels and all of you have given me so many reasons to show up on Jan 1st. I am starting to get psyched for it. Thank you for such helpful and motivating responses - I :love the TLP Community!

AJK, honeyandcheese, Karen and 10 others like this.
  18. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

So happy to see this is happening!! It's not to be missed! Love the things I've learned and the fun of it all!

Karen, SeattleSheri and bestcee like this.
  19. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

While there is no food or home pre or post clean up....get your scrapping supplies in order....lol! I hope to see you there.

20. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Amazing Lady, I can't wait to see what you create. :beat:heartlub