iPhone photos

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Ok ... So I've seen some amazing iPhone pics in the galleries... While mine I feel comes all grainy and not nice. Wondering if I am missing a trick here.

I mainly use the iPhone camera for pics. No apps.

How do you take those amazing pics? Any photo apps you absolutely swear by?

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Which version of the iphone do you have? My best friend still has a 4 and I definitely see a big difference in quality between her 4 and my 5s.

I almost always use either Pic Tap Go or vsco to edit. Those are my go-to apps.

3. Pallavi01

Mine's 6 plus currently - just recently upgraded ...I see a lil difference ... But still not print quality ...

4. crecia27

crecia27 Must.travel.

I use Camera+ it is night and day difference between the native phone camera. The color and clarity is just SO much better, I now even hate using the native camera for something silly to send in a text :-)

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i use camera + too. iPhone 5S (love pictapgo and vsco for edits just like Laura. they are my GO TOs)
    wondering what Farrah uses ... her photos are amazing (and didn't know many of them are camera phone shots!)

6. crecia27

crecia27 Must.travel.

Here is an example. It's a silly shot in bad light of something on my desk but you can see how with no adjustments the color is much more realistic in the Camera+. ETA - sorry its so big, I can't ever get that right in photobucket!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Whoa, Lucrecia- I have used Camera+ occasionally, but I'd never seen a side-by-side comparison like that. What an amazing difference! I'll definitely be using it as my default from now on. Now, if only I could replace the camera app in the lock screen and lower swipe menu to Camera+ instead of the native app!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  8. jenn mccabe

when you figure that out ... let me know!!! :)

9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You can't do that without jailbreaking the iPhone.

10. Pallavi01

This is amazing....looks like a great thread. Thanks everyone for your inputs so far! will def be trying camera+ and pictapgo. I had the latter and never used it!!

11. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to give camera+ another go. I use VSCO for all my edits. I LOVE that app.

12. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I have the 5S...and I edit with either snapseed or VSCO. I should also mention that I also have the photo jo jo lenses that attach via magnets. I should also mention that EVERY photo I take is edited in some way...there's a LOT that you can do to help out less than stellar photos and when in doubt, I'll just convert it to BW. ;)

No matter what camera you use...it's all about lighting. With decent light, most cameras will do great. =)

Let me look for some examples =)

13. FarrahJobling

OR...if anyone has a specific example...I'd be happy to give some pointers

14. FarrahJobling

Oh and btw....the front camera on iPhones is much much worse than the back camera

15. jenn mccabe

thanks for your input. ;) i also have those photo jo jo magnet lens ... gonna go hunt them down!

16. FarrahJobling

Ok...I found a good example. Sometimes we can not control when and where our kids look cute (or what they choose to wear - LOL)...but when an adorable smile comes up, you gotta grab it. The photo on the left is SOOC with my iPhone....bad lighting, lots of odd colors in the background (and foreground) that attract the eye....it's not even in focus...but...when turned to BW, all that stuff goes unnoticed and you just see a cute snapshot of my cute berry pie.

[​IMG]

and when scrapped, you'd probably never guess I'd used my iphone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Pallavi01

Gosh Farrah! Seriously! That's amazing stuff! Even your SOOC pic looked nice to me though! Lol :)

18. FarrahJobling

a few more examples/tips (you've opened a flood gate) =)

[​IMG]

the app Big lens works great for creating realistic looking selective focus...like in the marble shot

I also used Big lens and VSCO T1 for the cooking shot...love the muted presets in the VSCO app

Lemons- also T1 from VSCO...and composition...framing always makes a difference in how "professional" a photo seems

Claire's eye was with my iphone 4 and the macro lens from photo jo jo.

The elephant was edited in Snapseed...including the added sunflare.

19. FarrahJobling

in terms of scrapping...I tend to keep the iphone photos on the smaller side...I don't think they'll look great at 12x12, but at 2x3 with other elements, they look great. ;)

[​IMG]

20. Pallavi01

Yep.. That sounds sensible. Think that's what I'll do with some if mine ... Which aren't great picture wise....I will take a look at the apps and explore. In the mean time , a dumb question maybe ... So do you use the iPhone native camera to click the pics or u click through these apps you mentioned