Ipads

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mummyd, Mar 10, 2016.

1. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

do you have one, if so which one and do you looooovvvvvveeeeee it....lol, I started off with just having the mini ipad, thought it was the bees knees, but just the day after the relese of the new ipad pro's I was so lucky that my hubby bought me one of them and OMGosh......its amazing, don't use it for scrapping etc, but I do love playing my hayday and zombie games on it.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have the original iPad... like from 2009. I LOVED that thing and used it all the time. Now it's pretty much obsolete. I can't upgrade any of the apps anymore, but I will be at my current job 20 years in July and they give us a new iPad at 20 years. I can't wait to have a new one again. My kids both have mini iPads that they save up for and they use them every single day. They use them for school stuff, for games, Netflix, email and google hangouts to talk to their friends. (it's their version of a cell phone). They are magical little wonders. :)

By the way... I love Hay Day too! I used to play and had to quit because it was taking too much time. I recently started playing with my son again and now I'm hooked all over again! Darnnit! :giggle

3. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

I am on level 93 on hayday seems to take ages for me to do a level up these days, but its kinda a nice relaxing things before I go up to bed, both my children have ipads, (son has 2 one is his speaking device as non verbal) they both have the ipad 3's but they are filling them up on storage pretty quick so was thinking for their birthdays this year doing them both upgrades, but not sure yet

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I sure wish that Apple would quit being so stingy with memory. It's ridiculous how much it cost to upgrade from 32 GB to 64GB when the memory only costs $15 at the most for them. I wish we could add an SD chip so much!

I'm level 60 on Hay Day and yes, it seems to take me a long time to level up too.

5. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I love my iPad. I splurged on an iPad Air 128 and connected it to my cellular provider. I have a share data plan with my phone so it's not so bad. Having my iPad connected always, costs around ten bucks a month. I'm never without it and use it more than my computer. I have even successfully scrapped on it with PL and a couple other apps, but have serious thoughts to upgrade to the Pro.
    My reservations are three: 1. Size (iPad fits in my purse) 2. Weight - I waited for the Air because the whole electronic reader/everything else started with the weight of carrying books around all the time. 3. Available apps and reviews. I haven't heard much about it yet. I was hoping they might release an iPad Pro Air...

6. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

I had the air before and to be honest yes the pro is twice the size but its no heavier, I have mine in a flip case that folds to be a stand too and find it no heavier, my son's in his griffin case is heavier

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Great timing for this thread as I've been thinking about getting one to take with me traveling, rather than my notebook. I'd love to hear more about the best options!!! :agree

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If Apple would stop being stingy with memory, I would love to get one. But everyone I know keeps filling it up, or breaking the screen. :giggle

9. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I Love my iPad because I can come here every evening. My children love it too the small apps

10. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

Uh oh, what's Hayday? The last thing I need is another game, but I do love games to "chill out."

I'm on my third iPad, the 'regular' size. I love it, use it all day everyday for email, games, Facebook, etc. For me, it's an awesome replacement to a laptop...I remember lugging that old thing to the couch and cords strung everywhere to keep it plugged in, iPads are so much more convenient. Love mine.

11. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

Hayday is a farming game, feed normals, plant crops the more you grow the more money you earn, the more items to get the more buildings you get it's very addictive, love the new Derby where you compete against other teams and win prizes.

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm not as devoted to my iPad as my husband is. He has the newest mini and reads for hours on it. Mine is about the 3rd generation and I mostly use it to stream movies that I watch on my big screen tv. I do take it when traveling for mail etc. I've never played games but himself does some word ones at night as well as solitaire.

13. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hihi, big hayday fan over here too, Donna!
    I had to let it go to my sons these last months, baut I'm back on track!
    Loving the new update also, it has some great features!

We are Samsung people here, so I'm not a good talking partner about Ipads.
    Hayday, though :giggle

14. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

Oh yes the new update gives you chance to mod your farm in different ways without changing your current layout, just like clash of clans...........I am trying to build the daughters farm up for her at the moment, she is only on level 6

15. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

I have an iPad Air, I think. Honestly don't know. Hubby bought it for me last year. My old iPad went to my son and his old iPad went to my daughter because she shattered her screen, and his had more GB anyway. The only reason my kids had iPads in the first place was because they saved up money and GCs from birthdays and Christmas for them. Anyway, the kids use their iPads like 24/7...lol I use mine mainly when I travel, which actually isn't that much. LOL

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have an iPad mini and have loved it so far though if I could have afforded a bigger one I would have.

17. Spacecadetswife

Spacecadetswife Well-Known Member

I can't imagine life without my IPhone or IPad. I use them in multiple ways daily. I love the scanning App. I was able to file claims for our FSA account in no time with the IPad and that nifty little App. Depositing checks is so easy peasy too. My husband downloads his favorite magazine onto the IPad and reads it as soon as it comes out, and he did that while we were stationed overseas. Imagine how long he'd have waited for his magazine via snail mail?

I remember being fascinated in the early 80's by a Commodore 64 with a color screen. :rolleyes: We live in an amazing time.

18. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I went to look at iPads the other day and was trying to decide between and iPad Air and the iPad Pro when the salesman said that I should wait for a couple of weeks as the new iPad Pro will be out and it will be a smaller version, 9.7 inch same size as the Air, which would work a lot better for me for traveling.

19. Natalie C

Natalie C Member

I think my kids would love to get some sort of iPad, but we have yet to make that purchase. I use my Kindle Fire for my ebooks and a few games. I think I would only ever get an iPad if I won it or something like that.

20. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I have an original iPad that I use pretty much as just an ebook reader; it doesn't get updates anymore and it just seems so slow to react in some apps. I also have an iPad 3 (before the iPad Air) that still gets updates (just updated it last week) but I'm having some issues with that one and haven't used it since New Year's, when I tried to restore it and start over. (It not only didn't work, but now it's acting up and I can't do much of anything with it.)

I have been thinking about taking it to the Apple store and asking them to restore it for me, but the nearest three are all about 35 miles away (to the east, west and south) and I don't want to drive all that way just for that. I've been wanting to take the kids to the Lego store, figuring I'd stop in that Apple store while we were there, but we haven't a free day where we could go and play for an afternoon.