Interview Ideas ♥

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 23, 2021.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I didn't actually ask my husband to let me interview him, I just started asking him questions. I figured it worked better that way.

Ferdy, Angela Toucan, mcurtt and 3 others like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

My mom just popped over with molasses cookies. She said they were her grammas recipe. I asked her questions about the cookies and my gramma. And then realized it isn’t an event. Good cookies though

Karen likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What about a first date? Or first impressions when you met someone? You could ask someone about what they remember from their childhood... maybe related to birthdays or christmas or school?

I didn't want to have to remember the answers and type them out myself, so I emailed my Mom. :giggle Then I could just copy and paste into my page. I went back to a trip they took in 1990 when my sister and I were still in high school. I was 15 and she was 16. Looking back now I can't believe they left us home alone for a week! :giggle

HeatherB likes this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have my page just about finished which I had fun doing but it will not be for MOC as it does not cover the criteria. I will share it in the gallery when finished. I just want to add a photo which I need to take.

umyesh likes this.
  5. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I think many of us that do not have a lot of people in our lives for various reasons are going to struggle with this challenge.

One thing we have common, and is a real event, is that we love digital scrapbooking and we belong to this community at The Lily Pad. I joined in September of 2012. Which makes it an event over 5 years ago. I am willing to be interviewed about my love for this art form and why I joint TLP. I can envision a page with your answer and my answers...I think that would meet the challenge requirements. I could use a partner...anyone game?

JenEm likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That doesn't work though because how can you put your view of the event if you didn't attend it. From the challenge rules:
    • Interview someone about a past time/event that occurred 5 or more years ago. On your page, include the questions, the interviewee's answers and your own answers.
    Good thing I'm not doing MOC because this would be the challenge to trip me up. No one to interview, not even the pet. She's not even 5 years old! Although I just might do a page about the first time I met her before I even knew she was the puppy I was getting since I'm working on her book this weekend.

mcurtt and A-M like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

What a great thread! I've been struggling with this one, too. I've had difficulty coming up with something specific to interview about and no one really wants to answer any questions. I've had a lot of "I don't remember" lol. BUT, thanks to reading through here, I think I have an idea!

8. DraeScraps

DraeScraps Active Member

Yeah. This may be the page I don't finish on. This feels pretty exclusionary. I'm suppose we could just make it up.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

crazycat1126 likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The challenge says this:
    You will need to "interview" someone. Ask questions pertaining to a past time/event (at least 5 years ago).Your layout must include the journaling of the questions and their answers, along with your own observations about that time/event.

One of the sayings about the coronavirus has been "We are all in the same storm, but not in the same boat".
    Perhaps think broader. An event we've all shared in real life doesn't mean we experienced it in the same place or time.
    There are things that have happened world-wide in the last 5 years that we all experienced. There are also more American-centric things that also were known/celebrated worldwide. Like Barrack Obama was elected President. The new Pope was elected in 2013. I'm not Catholic, but I remember watching that ceremony. I watched the Boston Marathon Bombing on tv. I'm sure someone else did too. We'd have different answers, but for the same event. My friend always talks about how she was giving birth and it was on tv. Julia Gillard was Australia's first Prime Minister in 2010. Maybe there is a remembrance there for some? I'm not quite old enough to really remember it, but what about the Berlin Wall falling down?

Ferdy and bjthomas like this.
  10. A-M

@bestcee Thankyou for trying to help. My problem has been not having a person to interview. Rae has just let me know that Pets will be included so I might be able to fully finish MOC now which is great.

Karen likes this.
  11. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

This. :peekin @ArmyGrl Lisa I could use a partner to interview. I joined in 2012 as well. Shall we team up? :hi5

Karen and ArmyGrl like this.
  12. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@JenEm I'm game....I think this can be very fun!!!! :byay Let us both come up with a few interview questions? I'll send ya a PM tomorrow with mine (its my Saturday night and I need to get to bed in a few). :dancebunI'm seriously excited now.

JenEm, Karen and Carla like this.
  13. A-M

I have possibly had a change of plans. I will finish the page about my neighbours dog but I have just sent off an email to my older sister in the hopes she will respond with enough feedback about our younger sisters wedding back in 1984. I sent her a text message as she rarely looks at her emails.

Karen, Carla and bestcee like this.
  14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Anyone remember when Prince Charles married Princess Diana? I was child then, but it was a big event for us.

bestcee likes this.
  15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have no idea who I’m going to interview, nor what significant event 5+ years ago I want to document

16. A-M

I remember sitting up at night watching it on TV. At the time I was living in a flat on my own and I was 23 years old.

bestcee and Angela Toucan like this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you@A-M
    I just message you with a few questions you didn't already answer.

A-M likes this.
  18. A-M

:yippeeAll is now good for me to take part in Day 23 Challenge. I just received a great reply from my older sister and my page will show just how there are differences in our memories.

crazycat1126, Carla, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay!!! That's great! I can't wait to see your page!

A-M likes this.
  20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this makes the challenge so worth it! woohoo

A-M and Carla like this.