*INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLOW SCRAP* | Tuesday, July 23 @ 2pm EDT

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by jenevang, Jul 23, 2019.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

*All pages completed by 3pm EDT/12noon PDT on Wed, July 24th will get a coupon from Leah of Mommyish! AND a bonus coupon to my Grace in Color Shop! (because it is a page that will require a bit more thinking than some and I want to reward you action-takers!)

Technique Slow Scrap - Scrapping with Meaning
    Host: Jen (jenevang)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

STEP 1: List out 3 of your core qualities... things you want to be known for. Then choose at least one for your page title. (Example: I want to be known as someone who is trustworthy, faithful and God-glorifying.
    So, my title might be "Faithful")

STEP 2: Choose a quote (or a Bible verse if applicable) that represents the one (or more) qualities you choose... and frame it somehow on your page. (with an actual frame, with stitching, with a JC, etc..)

STEP 3: Choose a background paper that is not distracting (solid or light patterned) and then 2-3 different papers to stack behind your framed quote.

Make sure your papers "fit" your theme... think about the overall feel of the page when choosing. The idea is for us to really SEE and KNOW your characteristic when we look at your page in the gallery.

STEP 4: Add coordinating elements AROUND & BEHIND (poking out from behind) your framed quote... can be between, on top of or underneath your paper stacks. Be intentional about what you use :).

STEP 5: Add a small photo OF YOURSELF (selfie is fine) somewhere on the page... (can also be tucked & peeking out from your quote). Think of the photo as another "element"... not the main focus of the page.

STEP 6: Add journaling that explains why you chose your one quality and your quote/verse... and add this journaling to the outside edges of the page. (frame the page with your journaling on at least 2 sides). Your story and words will be the surrounding element on the page, if you will.

STEP 7: Add any additional elements, journaling, shadows, etc that you want to complete the page in your eyes!

I promise this page will be worth it.
    It will be a reminder of what you want the world to see when they see you! And should inspire you on the days when you feel you are failing in living up to that. It will also be a reminder that it's impossible to live up to this alone... we need each other and we need our faith.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    umyesh and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Just asked Siri to set an alarm to remind me. Looking forward to it.

IN THE CHAT ROOM I presume?

3. jenevang

Yes... heading there now!

4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

5. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Thanks for the challenge. I don't do many pages about myself...but it's important!
    [​IMG]

6. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

Title/Quote: Creativity is messy and I am very creative. And introvert
    Journaling: These days I feel more messy than creative, but still. I know that creativity is a muscle; it's a "use it or lose it" thing. Sometimes I do train it, but in other fields that people (or I) expect me to.
    I hope my photo qualifies :)

KarenW likes this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

So sorry I missed the chat. We had a doctor's appointment for DH, and the doctor was running behind. We arrived home 20 minutes after the chat ended. Hopefully I got the instructions correct. If I need to modify anything, please let me know. Thanks. @jenevang Will you accept what I did (framing the journal card versus framing the page)? I obviously misread it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    wvsandy, jenevang and RJMJ like this.
  9. jenevang

WOW! These pages are giving me goosies (that's a good thing, BTW). I am LOVING what you are coming up with!

10. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Here's mine. I purposely made the papers into circles, like rubies. The paint also is to remind of the luminescence of jewels. The heart ribbon is to show charity, the key quality of all Christians. Thanks for the opportunity to share this.
    [​IMG]

11. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

12. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Another Tuesday chat when I am at work, lol Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I loved this and how much thought it took! Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

14. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this great challenge @jenevang! It really made me think a lot about who I am and why I do the things I do the way I do them. :)

Here is the layout I made:

[​IMG]

(The journaling might be a bit hard to read in this image, but I copy-pasted them to the gallery credits too!)

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Edited to note that my journaling, along both the bottom AND right edges, is all supposed to be pink. And it was pink! I don't know how the part on the right got changed back to brown. I was rushing to finish and get out in time to pick up my husband from the train station. Now that I'm back and noticed the error, I can't seem to get the gallery to let me edit the page. So please just imagine the journaling on the right edge to be pink too. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    wvsandy likes this.
  16. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Been a busy evening followed by a full day, so this turned into a 45min speed scrap, only just finished.

[​IMG]

17. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

thank you Jen :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  18. jenevang

YAY... LOVE all of these... coupons going out later tonight (sorry for the delay)

19. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the scrap. Quick question - Did the coupons go out?

20. jenevang

The coupons have been sent... let me know if you still don't see it :)