Inspiration Requests

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Feb 7, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Have a few products I need inspiration on how to use or stretch the products further

I bought this bundle ages ago and am really struggling with uses for it.....I think I've maybe used the alpha once if that. I'm guessing that initially I was drawn to the social media aspect of it but I'm struggling with how to use it beyond just the odd bit here and there - it's not like I've got any teens to scrap about and I don't have a heap of photos or memories from my teenage years either!

[​IMG]

2. littlekiwi

I'm also struggling with how to use this - I don't have a heap of current photos nor is my life terribly exciting to scrap a faves album or day/week in the life album. I know that those were the reasons I bought this template set but I'm not sure what to do with it now - I have opened it and tried to scrap with it many a time

[​IMG]

3. littlekiwi

Finally, does anyone use Memory Pocket Monthly kits in non pocket pages? I've got a few but not sure how to use them in non pocket pages. I was a subscriber when I thought I would do project life years ago.

I've got Almanac, Change, Composition, Home, Mosaic, Routine & Tribe

4. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

I would suggest not seeing them as a whole but as individual pieces instead. I would look through the folder and see what pieces inspire you, which ones speak to you, or which ones you love and would want to use in a layout. It could be a paper or a card with a saying on it, or even just a flower.

For the templates, I would suggest breaking them up or mixing them to create a template that works for you. Kind of like the MOC challenge we did this year of combining two templates. Add or subtract things, make them work for you. Also, a lot of those would be fun for adding lots of pretty pattern papers or using some of the journaling cards from the MPM kits.

I created this page for MOC using only pieces from some MPM kits.
    [​IMG]

And in this one, I used the journal cards as the main focus.
    [​IMG]

For the template challenge, I decided to remove the hearts from the template but keep the rest as that worked better for the look I was going for.
    [​IMG]

I hope that helps. Good luck!

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I use the pieces for MPM all the time and really never make pocket pages.

again use as pieces rather than kits per se.. mpm has a lot of beads sequins little flowers labels etc

re templates you can get rid of spots .. I did that last Friday with Nicole’s template Nbk designs with my yellow rose page.

Just because you buy a kit doesn’t mean you need to use for that.. there are a lot of things that are for not being in a great mood. I may get it anyway as I love the papers and other items in the kit. Also with word art you can edit those too to your liking with clone tools and brushes etc .. get creative!! Have fun!!

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@littlekiwi
    Like the others, I use MPM kits for non-pocket pages all the time. I rarely do pocket pages. Use the journal cards in place of photos in templates. There's lots of other items too that aren't specific to pocket pages. MPM is really very versatile.

You could also use your MPM kits with the beech tree album templates you mentioned above. Remember that you don't have to use templates or kits for their theme. I go off theme all the time. Think colors, and individual items when you’re scrapping. Replace the titles on the templates with something that works for you. Everything on a template is just a place holder. Add, remove, move things around, turn, shrink... make it your own.

The composition MPM looks like it has some word strips / journal cards that could be used to document your job searches/applications. Same with Routine and Almanac.

There's no right or wrong way, so just let go, take a deep breath and have fun playing with your digi goodies. YOU GOT THIS! :agree

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    AllisonPennington, cfile and AJK like this.
  7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

When I'm using templates, there's a few guidelines I follow:
    Just because the designer put TITLE in a spot doesn't mean I have to put a title there.
    Just because there's a journaling spot indicated doesn't mean I have to journal there.
    Just because it has X number of photos doesn't mean I can't have Y or Z number of photos.
    Just because something indicates a paper goes here doesn't mean it can't be a journal card or a photo.

Sometimes by the time I'm finished, it doesn't look at all like the template I started with.

8. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I do! I love MPM and use them a lot on non-pocket pages. I like mixing them with other kits that have similar colour palette too. I don't have the exact MPM collections that you have, but here's some of my pages with my MPM stash:

MPM Cultivate
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MPM Lessons
    [​IMG]

MPM Ordinary
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

bestcee, cfile, sm_amber and 3 others like this.
  9. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I only scrap "on-theme" some of the time. Usually it's the colors I'm drawn to in a kit, so try to find photos or experiences that ring true to the colors in the collab.. Just quickly looking through the pieces, perhaps you could use the "pause" button, "caution" sign and wi-fi/laptop icons to help document your life/the world being on pause, working/schooling from home, etc. due to covid.. Or maybe embrace the theme, then use it to talk about how you do/don't participate in social media, how it affects your life, relationships, etc. I'm immediately drawn to the shoes in the kit, so I could see myself buying it only for those because we're a family of Converse wearers, so that's what I would use it for. I also rely heavily on sample pages before I purchase something to see if I can get a lot of use for a variety of pages, so peruse through those if you haven't already, and maybe something will inspire you there.

As far as the templates go, I'll echo what others have said about not feeling "trapped" into using them as they are. Maybe the "biography" page turns into a stylized resume to help document your job search, or you could use the "happening now" page to document shows or books you enjoy, filling each square with an image to represent the book or show.

And MPM - aside from an album I started in 2015, I don't think I've ever used it for a pocket page, and they are my most-used pieces in my stash. I probably have something from at least one of them on every page I do. Here are a few that specifically use the ones you have..

Mosiac
    [​IMG]

Home
    [​IMG]

Composition (kind of pocket-y)
    [​IMG]

Gosh, looking through my gallery, there are so many others, too!! MPM is such a great offering! If you do decide you want/need more of it in your life :giggle, I HIGHLY recommend Giggle in combination with Allison & Leah's add-ons. I've used it for at least 8-10 LOs, none of which are pocket pages. Here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here are just a few... :giggle

10. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Me too. I find myself using bits and pieces from MPM on my layouts a lot. My MPM folder is the one that I keep coming back to.

sm_amber likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@sm_amber Foundation (both of them) are awesome too :)

sm_amber likes this.
  12. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

YES!

cfile likes this.