Inspiration Request

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 14, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Now I've already gone looking in the gallery before I posted this request!

I bought this collection god knows when to be honest and I have no idea why.....before I delete it for good, does anyone have any inspiration to share? I will be keeping the painted paper pack though.

[​IMG]

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love the word art! There are tons of possibilities in that pack! I see lots of layering potential in that pack, especially. The borders are very cool! I wouldn't delete this, Jennifer. There are really pretty flowers in the elements, if you like flowers. I've never seen this before.

3. littlekiwi

I haven't deleted it....yet! I think I'm thrown off as I don't usually scrap with a lot of black like whats in the kit or super neon colours

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

that kit has lots of potential. I suggest you temporarily ignore (but don't delete) the word art, then looking at the colours patterns and elements ask yourself if you like it. If the answer is yes keep it. I don't often use the wordart in kits, sometimes the wordart inspires me to create something, but normally I'm looking at colours, elements and patterns when picking kits. Lots of the word arts in that kit look easy to chop up, mix up and alter.

cfile likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

I'm beginning to think I bought it for the theme without having any photos to go with it so there in may lie my issue with it at the moment

6. Cherylndesigns

Why don't you play with the opacity? I do that if the element is too bright. Or play with the "hue/saturation"?

7. littlekiwi

I’m going to pop it in a different folder and see how I feel about it maybe next month after I’ve looked at and tagged more of my stash. BG’s kits are a bit tougher for me to use for some reason in general....possibly the style as I love the themes of them to the point this is probably one of the few, if not the only layout I have that uses a fair bit of their products.

[​IMG]

bestcee, mary kate and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I think this collection could be perfect is you want to make a raibow page with the paint.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

You could mix and match this kit with a more neutral collection and then just use a few of the brighter pieces for a bit of pop to your page.

10. Cherylndesigns

@littlekiwi Jennifer, I LOVE your layout! Great words of inspiration on it!

11. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colorful elements against the notebook paper.

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I think @HeatherB has a great idea: mixing it with a more neutral kit--or one with coordinating (not *matching*) colors, or with a theme you want to use--will definitely extend the kit for you. It's like you're making your own BYOC based on this collection! :)