Inquiring Minds Want to Know - #selfie Q

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by BevG, Apr 21, 2019.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Learn something new everyday!! :)

I wonder how many of us grabbed our phone and took a selfie just to see if our phone automatically flips the photo or not. I know I wasn't the only one. ha ha.

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Too funny! Never thought about it or noticed it! :giggle
    Will have to try it with something with text!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't take a ton of selfies, but I never really thought about needing to flip it. I'm pretty sure my phone does it for me though... which is smart! :)

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Me!

I never take selfies so had no idea. I deleted it from the phone right after I checked it. I do have my phone set to upload to dropbox when on wifi and evidently I wasn't fast enough. I checked dropbox and it uploaded... in the flipped version.

Learned something new.

5. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I don't take selfies, but I have to say that I've never understood why the cameras on the front flip the image in the first place. Isn't it just a camera that happens to be facing you? So why does it have to flip the image and make it a mirror image instead of just using the image straight from the camera? I've never used the front camera, for that reason; I had no idea that it has been "fixed", although I don't see me suddenly deciding to use it. (On the very rare occasions that I bother, I do selfies the old fashioned way, facing the "normal" lens and checking it after.)

6. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I grabbed my Samsung Galaxy S9+ to see. It flipped it! Who knew! Certainly not me!

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

:lol

8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Honestly, I've never thought of this. I typically don't scrap with selfies because they tend to accentuate my wrinkles x1000. EEk!!

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

LOL! love the non-PC thought! I never considered flipping them. Don't do many selfies- if I'm in a pic its cos I have asked someone to take it. Don't know why they don't think of doing it themselves, but... that's just the way it works here. Now I will have to try it and see the difference!

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Thanks! I just learned that my iPhone6 also flips the selfie image right this minute when I tried it out. Interesting! I took a screen shot too so I can compare them side by side. :D

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Huh! I don't think I ever thought of this. I think mine is automatic! :)