Inquiring Minds Want to Know - #selfie Q

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by BevG, Apr 21, 2019.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So just out of curiosity --- Do you flip your selfie photos around before scrapping? Or do you leave them in the mirror image?

@gonewiththewind - Tagging Cheryl because she takes gorgeous selfies.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

golly, I never even thought to do that...but I should! bhahha...I think cause selfies look like I see me, in the mirror! lol

AJK likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Mine get shifted automatically, I think.... because I can read my many non-PC t-shirts all the time. LOL!!!

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@Dalis I ended up flipping mine because of the words on my sweatshirt.
    @AnneofAlamo I know! The un-flipped one looks more like what I see every day!

5. Dalis

I am pretty sure my phone flips them automatically. If I knew where my phone was I would check. LOL!!!!

BevG likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My phone flips them automatically. I think there's something in the settings for it ... But now I can't find it lol. (I have a Google Pixel 2XL.)

7. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Well ..... you live and learn!
    [​IMG]

Because I had never thought about it before, curiosity drove me to take a selfie with a can of Sailor Jerry (don't ask!) and low and behold .... it flipped it! I am embarrassed to say that I never realised it did that :giggle

Karen, Chippi and bellbird like this.
  8. Dalis

Sailor Jerry?

9. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

:giggle :giggle

[​IMG]

jesskab and Dalis like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I totally never even thought about this lol. Just for fun, I took a selfie with a can of coke and it was flipped the right way when I looked at it.

11. Tree City

[​IMG]

amandac likes this.
  12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

editing just to say that I think what I wrote was wrong ...I got lost in translation!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

great question! (i thought about this the other week - we took a family/group selfie in front of the iconic Universal revolving world sign at Universal studios and i was so bummed it came out backwards! apparently i don't have that setting automatically ticked (and i'm not smart enough to know where to find that setting in my phone!) - and i assumed i'd have to drag it in to photoshop (via dropbox etc ugh all those steps, i know first world problem) to flip before using it!

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ditto here! Except it was my blanket with words on it. Because I took one with just me and realized I couldn't tell, but I thought it flipped automatically....Yep it does!

I didn't know because I hate the selfie camera and just use the regular side - so I can't see the photo as it's being taken.

amandac likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Like Sara @Tree City , I have the Google Pixel (3XL) and it automatically flips the selfie. I've seen threads where Pixel owners actually complained that the camera software does this. LOL

I do think we are more used to ourselves in a mirror image, because of course that's what we see when we look in a mirror. Everyone else is used to the non-mirror, so I'm OK with the fact that it automatically flips it for me.

Tree City likes this.
  16. Tree City

People are complaining? Huh. I like that it flips the photo because sometimes there is a sign or something in the background and I want to be able to read it.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Reddit complainers. LOL I was looking for some setting stuff and found it. I was surprised at the number of peeps who didn't like the auto flip.

Tree City likes this.
  18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I was Today-years old when I learned my phone did this. Who knew!? lol. I guess i usually take selfies with Snapchat (which doesn't flip) so I never paid attention!!

amandac and rchansen like this.
  19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Well, I never knew this either.

20. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh boy! I had no idea!! I just tried it, and even my 10 year old was impressed.
    I don't particularly like the front cameras because to me they seem to skew the photo a bit and I look a bit strange (big forehead), or my kids, (their whole face shape changes). But it seems to be only when using the stock camera app, using snapchat mostly looks fine or is that because of the norm of the bobble head, kawaii eyes, deer antler look that happens? Haha!!!

bestcee likes this.