input on ..Oscar Woa?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by amandascraps, Sep 6, 2013.

1. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

So I am taking this Contemporary Issues & Lit class this semester. We just started our fist reading assignment. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Woa by Junot Diaz. My professor said that this book gets mixed reviews and either people love it or want to BURN IT. I am starting to see why, but I am honestly really into it. If you have read this, what is your thought on it? Just curious ;):heartlub

2. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I am a big fan of Junot Diaz. His writing might not be for everyone. But I think is writing is kind of poetic and magical.

3. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

i agree Robin! Never heard of him until a few weeks ago, but I am loving his tone and style!

4. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I like that Oscar is a big nerd.

Junot Diaz is from New Jersey and I love all the references in his books. :) This is one of his quotes on the boardwalk near where I work and I think it really resonates after Sandy.

[​IMG]

5. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

6. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I read it a few years ago, I liked it maybe because the author is Dominican like my family and it's nice to learn a little bit of that part of me. It's been a few years though so now I kinda want to re-read it!