im so mad!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by colleen, Oct 30, 2010.

1. colleen

colleen Happy to be home!

i took my 7 year old to mcdondalds to burn off some energy before going to the grocery store, and there was a boy that was about 9 or 10 that spit on my son!! i saw him do it and asked him if he spit on my son, he told me yea so? his dad come over and ask him and he gave him the same answer!! he told the boy to sit down and looked at my son and said "sorry" (the father not the son) and walked away!! then another parent handed the boy an ice cream cone!!! i told my son to get his shoes we were leaving and the dad said sorry again, i told the father that it wasnt him that should be aplogizing it was his son!! he just glared at me and sat down to eat ice cream with his son!! my son had tears in his eyes as we walked out!! is it just me or should the son have apoligized??

okay rant over!!

2. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

Just reading this makes me angry! I can't stand parents like that.

3. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

o.m.g. This is awful. I would have been infuriated. ugh! I am so sorry colleen and yes I think the son should have said sorry himself. grrrr! What is wrong with people?!

4. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i think some parents should be taught manners so that they can teach them there kids,we have also encountered something like this

im sorry your day out to mcdonalds was ruined because of some ignorant people

5. colleen

Thanks ladies! And while my son is not an angel all the time, he did nothing to this kid!! And if my son ever did something to somebody else I would make him apologize himself!!! And he would not be getting ice cream!!!

6. omg i cant believe that, i would have been so so ****ed

7. dna13

dna13 New Member

I am sorry you and your son to experience that. I think the boy should have been made to apologise too. That is such a disgusting thing to do.

8. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

that dad should have given YOUR son the ice cream cone! and we wonder what's wrong with our country today! parents!

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

there's nothing like your actions telling your child 'way to go, come have an ice cream cone.' oi! some parents need a swift kick to the shins! i'm so sorry this happened to your little guy!

10. la

la A closet sap

that's disgusting.. that kid should have done the leaving not your poor kid. ugh.

11. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Wow. Oh wow. Some people will just let their kids walk alllll over them. The sad thing is, it's not going to get any better the older they get. It's only going to get harder. There is definitely a time when your kids realize that you really do have limited power over them. Hopefully you've taught them to be respectful people before that day or it ain't ever going to happen!

We are currently punishing our 12 year old for continually breaking our trust. She can no longer stay in the house without parental supervision. So she has to go everywhere we do. And when I told my DH that was what we needed to do, he said "but that's punishing us." I said yup. But sometimes you have to man up and parent. Parenting is usually not convenient. (It's driving her crazy!! And hopefully the lesson is sinking in!!)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  12. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

that's a beautiful thing Claire!!!

13. eryn

eryn gross no longer

oh wow that is just disgusting. The parenting I mean. I would have been so PO'd.

14. colleen

Thanks for the support ladies!!! To me spitting is much worse than normal bratty behavior, like pushing or hitting, and that's why I was so shocked that his dad didn't do anything!!

And thank you Claire for not being afraid to parent your daughter!!! And yes its usually harder on us!! My 17 got his xbox taken away a month ago and life would be so much easier if I gave it back to him!!!

15. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

oh that is just sickening. Unfortunately that kind of parenting is seen much to much these days. Sorry :(

16. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

I did this to our 13 yr old DS last year when his grades started slipping the second half of the year. I had been letting him stay home most afternoons by himself when I was with his younger sisters at dance. He no longer got to walk home with his friends after school. Instead I picked him up with his sisters and he went and sat in the hall at the dance place with me where I could make sure his work was getting done. There was also a period of time that he had to keep the door open to his room all of the time; we told him that if he didn't cooperate with that then it would be removed. That was lifted after about a month, but he came with me after school for just about all of the rest of the year. It was not pleasant for any of us, and I would have much rather been able to trust him that he was getting his work done on his own instead of lying to me when I asked if he had his homework done.

He's in high school this year and if he wants to go to college he can't be screwing around and doing that again like he did last year. I still pick him up after the bus drops him off and he tells me what they did in all of his classes that day in detail while we wait for his younger sister to get out of school. We're letting him stay home most afternoons again, but he knows that could change if he doesn't hold up his end of the stick this year. He's asked for a Nintendo DSi, in large part so that he could text his friends (most of whom he doesn't go to school with now since we moved him to a school different from our neighborhood one this year), and I've told him no because I don't think he can handle that wisely yet. The last thing I need is him is staying up late texting when he should be sleeping. He has other ways he can talk to his friends that we can control better.

Parenting sucks sometimes LOL!

17. coco

coco coco

OMG thats really aweful... i`m so sorry collen! and for sure the boy should of say sorry by himself... thats not a way to teach children behaviors. stupid people :furious