I'm Having Trouble...

Discussion in 'Project 365' started by RebeccaH, Jan 26, 2011.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I'm Having Trouble...

Okay ladies, I'm having trouble with my P365, and I need your help!

My trouble is not that I don't have pictures for certain days... it's that I have TOO many pictures and each one is special. I'm having trouble choosing just one picture to be the representative story-teller for that day. Can anyone help me get refocused here? I know I can't be the only one who has trouble with this... am I???

2. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

When I have too many, I try to choose the one that best represents the day (or possibly the one that I know I won't scrap) and then scrap the rest of them.

3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I agree with Melissa - don't feel like just because you are doing P365 that only one photo for the day is it! My sister has been posting hers on her blog and she picks one main one but still spotlights the others on there as well. So pick your one for that day, but obviously you can scrap with the others! And of course there is never anything wrong with having more pics from your day - what memories you are capturing!!!! Even if you don't get them scrapped, you have the picures - kwim?! Way to go girl!

4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I do what Melissa does. I don't have that problem to much in winter because I don't take as many pictures but when spring, summer and fall get here I always take tons of pictures and have a hard time narrowing it down.

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I hear you! That was the main problem I had the 1st P365 I did, in 2009. That year I forced myself to pick just 1 picture per day and tell the other stories in the journaling, but this year I've decided to keep multiple pictures if necessary, it's much less stressful! I'm doing P365 to record memories, not to take 1 good picture per day, so it makes sense to me to keep in as many pictures as I see fit to tell my story. :)

6. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

My focus for the project has changed. I am not creating a P365 album per se, but more of A Year in Pictures album. So, I look at it more as 7 pictures a week instead of a picture a day. At the end of each week, I go through the pictures I took and pick the 7 I want to use. I may end up using a couple from one day, and none from another, and I am OK with that. It really helped to take the pressure off of myself so I don't feel as stressed to get one picture each day. Sometimes life gets in the way, and sometimes I just don't feel like dragging the camera out to get a picture. But by the end of the week, I still have 7 pictures to document our daily lives. Hope this all makes sense!

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Cristina and Lisa both of those are very good approaches. I may end up doing a hybrid of all of them at some point. Thanks for the ideas - helps releive the pressure of choosing just one each day.