I'm DONE!!!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsEm, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I finished my 2012 album!!! :circles:byay:woot

I have credits with persnickety but I've never printed before and I'm so scared. What if they're off center somehow? What if I can't read my text? Is there anything I should be doing to prevent disaster at the printer?

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Big congrats! Are you getting individual prints? They have a pretty good manual check process for individual prints from what i've seen on instagram and loss off edges due to bleed is quite low compared with some other places; i try to keep text at least a few centimeters (about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch) away from the edges though
    (Oh and if i'm really not keen to lose an element off the edge, to prep a page for printing, i grab all the layers above the background paper/s in PS and reduce them to 97% - i do this with my pocket pages too to kep the white border around the edge)

Karen, krscraps and MrsEm like this.
  3. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

What an awesome feeling!!! I love when I complete a project! Go yoU!

MrsEm likes this.
  4. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Way to go!

Shutterfly photo books do cut off a bit. For my pocket pages, I reduced to 93% and make sure there is no text near the side closest to the spine.

MrsEm likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Most places give you a preview of your uploaded book/pages to review before committing the print job. As for the text, if you used a font size of 10 or above you are probably okay.

MrsEm likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Yay!!! The best thing about Persnickety is that they have rockstar customer service. If you are unhappy with ANYTHING- give them a call & they will make it right! :D Congrats!!!

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yay! I love finishing and printing! Hoping it turns out beautifully!

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I've never had a problem with Persnickety's mini albums nor with their prints, but I've never printed larger than 8x10 so IDK what their 12x12 is like--although I feel confident saying they'd do a great job!
    Wherever you print, it'll be so great to have it physically in your hands. Woot woot!

bellbird and MrsEm like this.
  9. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Thank you so much guys. I'm feeling a lot more confident. And SO good to know about the pocket pages. There are none in my 2012 pages but my 2018 pages are mainly pocket style!

Now to get these heathen children down for naps so I can start uploading! :banana

bellbird, bestcee and amien1 like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@MrsEm I've never had to do anything special when uploading layouts for individual prints at Persnickety. They are awesome prints and their customer service is amazing.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

And PS - congrats to you for getting your album finished. I don't think I'll ever be done because I don't scrap chronologically.

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Individual print credits at Persnickety?
    I don't do anything special. In fact, I commented once to Chari the owner about how they don't have bleed. She said actually there is, it's just super tiny so most people don't notice it. I never have a problem with off center or anything. They really do care there.
    I've printed somewhere between 200-300 12x12 prints with them happily. And other sizes too.

13. bestcee

Oh! And for text, I enlarge my Photoshop workspace until the ruler on the screen is even with a ruler in real life. I seriously hold a ruler up to my computer screen. As long as I can read it, I don't worry about too small.

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I wish I had known this trick before my first books! At 8x8 & 10x10 in my newer books, the journalling looks fine but I flicked thru a 12x12 one I printed ages ago & it had super big journalling (but I'm sure when I'm in a rocker at the nursing home some day I'll think that was a good font size!]

Karen and bestcee like this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Karen and MrsEm like this.
  16. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Beautiful! This is my plan as well but I forgot to do an album cover. Do you do a last page as well?

17. bestcee

Not Liz, but I did.
    My 2013 album has this as it's last page:
    [​IMG]

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have used Persnickity Prints for several years now. They're amazing! They even called me when I first started using them and suggested I change something for better results.

19. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Wow, that's awesome!

20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I did not do a last page....
    But I love Courtney's page. I might need to do that. I actually did do a re-cap page but I didn't include it in the album. I should have!

Angela Toucan likes this.