I'm back!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Mar 23, 2017.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I have my coffee and am ready to start going through the forum and catching up!!!

Last night was the banquet...
    [​IMG]
    Here were the books. The super fat one on the bottom left was my daughter's!! Yep. 300 pages!! I kind of had a lot of pictures!!

The room was so beautiful ...
    [​IMG]

She gave a beautiful speech about the season:
    [​IMG]
    With, of course, goofy facial expressions when she said something funny or awkward.

I cried during the slideshow. People liked it. I stayed up until 1 editing the last bunch of cheer photos and since my internet sucks, it's still uploading. I can't believe it's over!!! Wow. 4 years are gone in a flash. I'm so grateful I have my beautiful photos to remember!

Oh ... and the most important photo of the night? The blurry, cell phone one of her looking through her book while standing in the kitchen at 10pm. I posted the thumbnail, but you can see the page if you click on it.
    2017-03-22 22.01.52.jpg

My heart is filled with JOY right now!!

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

How beautiful, and such a wonderful momnt/time for you both to share! I love the picture of her looking at the book - makes me smile! Hugs.. you've outdone yourself, and should be proud! :beat

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Yay! I'm so happy for you Kimberly. We didn't have anything like that when I was a cheerleader, amazing!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

W0W! What a beautiful room! How special you were able to be part of it.... but a lot of hard work! Its so sad when they graduate! My baby is graduating this year.......(insert sad face)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

That's awesome! I wish my Aspen would have been on cheer with your daughter so you could have made an amazing cheer book for her too! That banquet room looks amazing! You went all out! Our cheer night was a few rows of metal chairs in the commons area of the school and the table with gifts didn't even have a table cloth on it. The coaches didn't know how to use the technology to run their slideshow. It was nothing compared to what you did! Pat yourself on the back and take a much deserved rest!

I wanna see your books... I need ideas. Please send me a link to them.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  6. enjoyyourpix

Thanks!!! Definitely a labor of love!!! Me too. Her looking at the book is what is was all about. Funny thing. When she was done looking at it, I said "you're welcome", laughing. Her response, because she definitely has a sense of humor was ... "um...I did all the work!!" (Meaning she was cheering in all those 300 pages!). Without missing a beat, I replied, "you're welcome for letting your cheer and making your book so you can remember!!" It's hard to read that because it sounds like she's an ungrateful little one, but no. It was done with love!

:love

:grouphug hugs for you momma!! She's my baby too. It's gonna be a tough spring!!!

bestcee and jesskab like this.
  7. enjoyyourpix

Aww!!! I would have loved to be able to do her book!! Is she a senior too? We had a super tough year with administration and bad coaches. We've always had a little sorority vibe with the program along with sport side of it. There were a lot of issues this year and advisor was telling us that we couldn't have a banquet. This being our senior year, a group of moms was determined not to let a newer administration shut down the end of the year. Sooo ... moms went full on mom mode and had many meetings and phone calls we got the banquet for everyone in the program. We got a great deal with the country club, used our crafty skillz to make the decorations and pull it all together. Like I always tell the new coaches, the moms can be frustrating, but you need to work with them. They can be your greatest challenge, but they can get amazing s#&t done if channeled in the right direction. I'll send you a link to Courtney's book.

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

And Momma survived!! Absolutely, that last phone picture is the cream on top! though I must say that banquet room looks awesome too along with all those books. Give yourself a pat on the back and a special treat somewhere, somehow. A job with love sweat and tears well done.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah! Congratulations! It looks beautiful.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  10. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Yay!!! Congratulations and welcome back!! It looks as if all your hard work really paid off! :)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

How utterly wonderful :cloud9

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Such a beautiful night to end it all and how lovely to have a photo of her enjoying your fabulous creation and her memories!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Awww ... yay! For both of you. The party deco looked amazing. And I still can't believe you made those books!

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Wow!!! What an amazing banquet and beautiful books! Congrats on getting them done!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

How wonderful!! The room was beautiful and the books look amazing!! I love that you are feeling joy and you should be so proud of her and yourself! Love :heartslub

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

You made seperate books for each person?! no wonder you havent been around! wow! you rock! now go put your feet up!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. enjoyyourpix

Only 10 out of 17 of them! LOL. But for the moms who did themselves, I met with them to teach them how to use the Blurb Booksmart software and had all the background pages loaded into a customized template that was set up just for the cheer books.

I've been resting today!!! I did make a page that I'm posting right now!!

EHStudios likes this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

that in itself is a huge undertaking! glad you got to make a fun page at last! welcome back!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Congrats on getting it all done! The banquet was beautiful!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Wow! Looks incredible. You deserve chocolates & a nap & then some uninterrupted scrap time.