I'm back in the U.S...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by zenjen, Nov 17, 2016.

1. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

We have made it back to the US, back to our same house that we rented for 5 years while we lived in Japan.

The house is NOT unpacked and organized yet, but we are slowly making progress. Slowing our progress was the addition of a new family member amidst the chaos of an international move and three shipments to receive of household goods! Her name is Maggie and she is amazing!

So, today is the first day I am back on my computer and I spent some time doing bills, budget, emails, etc, etc.

I'd like to get my scrap groove back on, but it won't be full force until I feel more settled.

But I may scrap a page or to because my heart is aching to do something creative! I miss this outlet! It's been since July!

At the same time, I feel overwhelmed by how hugely behind I am on my yearly albums. This happens every year for one reason or another.

Anyway,, just thought I'd stop by and say hi and check out whats going on in the scrapping world for a little escape from boxes and puppiness.

[​IMG]

elk2009, KarenW, jenn mccabe and 2 others like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Welcome back! there are lots of new designers and articles for you when you get a quiet moment. Congrats on Maggie. My dog is named Maggie too. Oh the joys of a new puppy. Glad to have you back.

zenjen likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome back, and happy settling in, Jen! What a beautiful new addition, she has a lovely color and a beautifu. photo! I hope you squeeze in some creative time for yourself - I know I need that downtime. :)

zenjen likes this.
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome Home!

Maggie looks super sweet!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome back!! Maggie is adorable! Good luck with all the unpacking and getting settled :)

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@zenjen Welcome back!

Maggie is gorgeous!

Don't stress about how behind you are.

Remember:

fdd_FunnyQuote3_DSD2016.jpg

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome back! Wow, 5 years. What an adventure you've had.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What a precious addition! I totally recommend finding some crafty time in the midst of the chaos.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back! Your new puppy is adorable! As for being "behind" I can totally relate. Over the last year I've had less time to scrap than ever so I've gotten further behind in my scrapping that I've even been since I started. I started stressing out about it, but then I took a couple weekends with a friend of mine where we holed up in my basement and just scrapped and chatted and had fun. Once I started scrapping again, I realized it's kind of fun to be behind because I had SO many options to scrap when I had time. I could scrap whatever I felt like instead of only having a few events to choose from. That actually helped me really get into the mood to scrap. :)

10. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

I'm so happy to have you all back on the same continent as me. I hope you get the unpacking/organizing under control so you can catch up on your weekly pages. that's a great pic of Maggie, give her a hug for me.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh goodness! Judy - you were the first thing that crossed my mind when I read Jen's news! You must be thrilled to have the family stateside again! :)

Jen- Maggie is beautiful & and we are thrilled to have you back scrapping again - hope the transition, unpacking and getting settled goes smoothly for you. Welcome back! :beat

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

welcome back and Maggie is gorgeous! Take one day at a time. It will all get done!

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Welcome back to the ZI Jen! (zone of the interior which is a govt name for the US) Maggie is gorgeous so I hope you get those boxes unpacked, sorted out and get some good dog walking time to inspire you to scrap!

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Welcome back to the US Jen! That's quite the big move! And Maggie looks adorable, what a sweet addition to your family!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

That's a big move! It's going to feel good to get all settled and get into your normal routine. Your pup, Maggie, is just so lovely!
    Welcome back!