I'm amazed..... {and a question}

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by MrsPeel, Jan 27, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

.......with the awesomeness that is coming of Challenge 23 I am hosting.
    When I chose to do If these Walls Could Talk, I knew I had a full radio of avenues I could go, I knew it would bring a lot of interesting, some intense, some fun, some right on hilarious and some that would make me tear a bit.....
    well...
    even the ones who complain about not liking journaling or not being good at it....
    you rock!!!!!!!
    :cheer:cheer:cheer

I have been trying to catch up as I was very unwell earlier in the week, and I am truly amazed.
    I am in the middle of a tornado of emotions, some that grip my heart with such intensity that will stay with me for a long time, some that have given me the laugh I really really needed.... the pages are amazing visually, and your creativity with the journaling just makes me so very happy and proud and glad and grateful.....
    To the ones who have said that it was complicated in the beginning but then ended up in pages they had to make and haven't gotten around, or that enjoy now after thinking they wouldn't..... thanks so much for sharing this with us.
    The non English speakers who have either made an effort to write in English or have given us a Google translate....thank you, once again, I am so so glad I can have a door into your creativity and live some stories of your families, or the huge well of knowledge some of you have brought into the challenge with history and geography and more.... I am truly amazed.
    :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

so, tell me....any of the challenges have changed your mind about some style/way/subject/technique?
    is there something so far that you thought you didn't like but now think you may want to do it again?
    I'm curious
    :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I will probably do the sketch one again, I really loved the technique of that one.
    I am still unlikely to do an ATC again, even though I enjoyed the artistic creativity of that one.

jenn33199 and MrsPeel like this.
  3. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I just uploaded my pocket challenge. I don't usually enjoy doing pocket layouts, but I really enjoyed this one. I need to do more of these. And I was so excited to learn the correct way to do a sketch of a photo!! LOVED that challenge!! As far as uniqueness goes, I would have to go with your challenge. It sure was a thought provoking one!! But I loved doing it!

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

oh I need to catch up with my pages, I really want to see if I cxan find a way arounfd the sketch thing with my oprogram, we hav e a filter that may do, but need to read the challenge properly...btw, I love your ATC!!!!! Stefanie.. @Eyeore

@NancyP funny thing? my first falling in love with pocket pages was at MOC!!!!!!! I need to do more of those too.....
    I am truly amazed with the creativity coming out of the journaling....I have to say again, I cannot take all the kudos for the general idea of the challenge, it was Julie and Laura who created it with the name as a point of view journaling challenge, so it would be unfair to claim all the glory LOL I just went a bit further on possibilities with the dialogue ,,,but yes, I am loving the pages and the way everyone is taking it!!!!!

Frumpje likes this.
  5. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

You use Artisan right? There are a few posts within that thread about how people did it. Or Farrah also provided an online link that will do it for you. So no excuses or the walls will start talking to you.

bestcee likes this.
  6. MrsPeel

LOL the walls actually talk to me all the time, the kettle, the toaster.... my appliances are so used to me talking to them , I think they started answering LOL

No :( my program is Craft Artist Professional by Serif, but it is very smilar to PSE, so I generally find my way, I just haven read the challenge, but LOVE what I see in the gallery so, yes, I am looking fiorward to that!!! :) @carilyne

7. carilyne

Well I had Artist right.
    I'll start worrying when you talk back to the walls. Although I had to have a talk with mine -- they were way too critical.

elk2009 and MrsPeel like this.
  8. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

I was not a fan of flowers on layouts. I wouldn't say I am a fan now, but I liked how the template challenge turned out:

[​IMG]

Even though I am not good at doing such clusters myself, I will definitely be using this kind of templates again to create a layout! It was fun and I like the result more than I thought I would!

9. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

It's not so much a technique or anything that I discovered but rather products and designers. I (re) discovered my love for wooden backgrounds and I found one or two designers that just make the right stuff for me.

Also - after your wall challenge - I might even consider doing a few more minimalist layouts (not so much like the minimalist challenge (that was just too empty for me) but something with less grunge/paint/elements, but that sort of layout needs the right topic. So, not sure about this...

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I loved your challenge. I enjoyed digging into my writer side to do that!!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

This year I did a great job at making layouts that I will really use in my photobooks! Only the card is maybe a no go... Some I changed a little bit the colors of elements to fit better with the page coming next to them, but last year I found the challenges maybe to hard to really fit in.
    The best challenge untill now for me is the sketch challenge for sure. I even used it twice within the same page (one is less notable)
    I loved the scraplift challenge and the way how to start by taking a layout from the person who reacted in front of you!
    I even bought the template because I really fell in love with it ;-) and yes that page may be one of my favorites during this MOC.

I started a few days later with MOC but, but catched up pretty fast, love to make 'my layout a day' and while having this fun, maybe even one or two pages more a day... after MOC last year I think I lost my mojo a bit, because I'm soooo behind now with my photo-albums! So I really hope to get the spirit going this time :D

Today the layout of @KarenB I found mindblowing! How she could make such a difference to all the other done layouts for this challenge, just by making it smaller! Sometimes the easiest thing can make such a difference!!!
    [​IMG]

bestcee, MrsPeel and _scrapaholic_ like this.
  12. MrsPeel

LOVE your page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, templates with clusters or a bit more filled than the pure page structure are my passion, but the again I am an element hoarder LOL, Cheryl's templates , Fiddle Dee Dee Designs, it can tale you to a love for templates... I used to dislike templates, long story, but once I discovered how much they can teach me and help my creativity now I am passionate about them!!!!!
    this is a gorgeous page you made ...I ll go now to your gallery..oh I wish I could clone myself to be in the gallery & forum at the same time !!!!!

ohhh yes to the finding designers that are "us", that fit with want we want to do...... I remember thinking some of the designers were for people who love minimalist style.... I was so very wrong... once I discovered how much I could do with their kits, I was hooked! We do have, after all, the very best designers here too ;)
    I know what you mean about the going a bit more minimalist...I have a bit of a battle going in my mind and heart with the going mire minimalist, but that is material for another whole thread.....
    I thi9nk I will love anything you come up with, as I already do.... would love top see you venture in new things !

and you did amazingly beautiful!!!!!!!!! You know I love your gallery....and journaling seems to mme that it can come naturally and beautifully to you!!!! :)

oh now you make me want to to look at the sketch challenge even more....and yes, Karen is an awesome scrapper, every page of hers is mind blowing!!!!!! So glad you are finding things easier this year...loving getting to know more about your story too.!!!! I need food now, will be back soon!!!!

_scrapaholic_ and Rikki like this.
  13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

@MrsPeel - yes writing is my passion...I'm a published poet. ;)

MrsPeel and KarenB like this.
  14. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

@Frumpje I am so overwhelmed by your lovely comments about my page. Thank you so much for highlighting it here. The thought that I may have inspired somebody is so cool! I am inspired everyday by the amazing layouts here at TLP - so to give something back is heartwarming :love
    @MrsPeel This is a lovely thread and so typical of you! Thank you :beat
    :beat:beat

elk2009, MrsPeel and Frumpje like this.
  15. MrsPeel

Kiana!!!! w0w!!!! well not surpising, I love your journaling!!!! @LoveItScrapIt

@KarenB thanks :heartlub Is think this community is a blessing, I am so very grateful to have a place in this family....
    As to you inspiring... I can assure you you have touched many of us, I have learned also with you, and is such a delight to find your pages...each and everyone of them....
    you are also a fellow Brit (I know I am not born here but after 25 years I have the right to call myself a Brit!!!- instead of the "bloody foreigner " LOL) and that somehow makes me feel closer.... by the way, we should organize a get together... maybe @Kate W and @Kate & @dawninskip would be up for it? am I forgetting anyone else in Britain?

A couple of years ago I started organizing the European meet but then got a bit too ill to travel much...(you were already here., I think?) but I am up for making this happen, at least if we start by England & Wales Scotland & Ireland....is a step in the right direction, don;t you think?
    oh I would be so so delighted bto meet you girls in person!!!!!

Kate and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  16. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

@MrsPeel 'bloody foreigner' ha! You do make me laugh. Would LOVE to meet up with everyone in the UK. Just not very good at organising things like that :blush Oh and you absolutely do have the right to call yourself a Brit. So funny to think that you are only a couple of hours up the road :giggle

Kate and MrsPeel like this.
  17. MrsPeel

LOL let me see how these next couple of month go, if I don;'t need any other treatment than these new tablets, I ll get on the case and organize :) @KarenB by the way, that avie is so cute!!!!!!

KarenB likes this.
  18. carilyne

I didn't answer your question part.
    I think this MOC I haven't changed my mind so much on a technique or style. I find I'm a little more confident about doing my own layouts without a template. And also adapting templates to what I want. I'm finding more of poor @gonewiththewind 's template only having one or two pieces left where they were lately which is pretty new to me. But I still love my (her) templates. And I can do clusters on my own.

gonewiththewind, bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  19. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

It's my first MOC I had no idea what I was walking in to.

My favourite final LO has been the blind scrap, and I put it off for a long time, and I love it.

The minimalist ones are so outside my comfort zone, I need words, I live words, that one was hard for me. Yet I did the same concept on a few of the challenges. No words, me really!

The walls could talk, I got inspiration from a friend and I talking. They rented this little house right out of high school after their marriage. They then moved to San Fran years later. It just fit. I liked your challenge my friend loved the page.

My daughter made me cry. She absolutely loved the LO I made of our selfies at concerts over the last year. I think it was for fill er up. That's high praise from a 16 yo. ❤️❤️❤️

bestcee, Frumpje and MrsPeel like this.
  20. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

The pocket pages challenge is the one that is surprise discovery for me. I'd never considered something like that before. I'm just too much into my shadows and depth and blending. but once I started playing with the "plastic" of the pockets and things layered under it I had so much fun and I loved the result. Sorry to say the walls could talk challenge is my least favourite, I'm just not happy with my layout. It didn't turn out as clever or as funny as it was in my head :(
    and the one I found hardest so far is the scraplift. Hard because I struggle with finding inspiration from a lift without just straight out copying and hard to do justice to the original.

MrsPeel likes this.