I'm a shadow snob...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by staciahall, Sep 28, 2013.

1. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I'm a shadow snob...

I'm going through my layouts to get some printed during Persnickety's sale this weekend and double checking the spelling etc. Quite a few of these are before I did Peppermint's shadowing class earlier this year. I can't believe I'm doing it but I'm tweaking the shadows before printing. I know I thought they looked just fine when I originally did the layouts but they just don't look right to me now.

Thanks Peppermint. You gave me a much better appreciation for shadowing.

2. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

LOL, Stacy... I need to check that out. I just ordered six months worth of pages and I didn't even look at them. I was afraid I'd want to edit them. I'm sure my family won't notice the imperfections in technique. And I'm thrilled about getting them!

I'm sure yours will be treasured, regardless of shadows :).

3. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Oooh I need to check out her shadows

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

yup.
    that.
    my case. LOL

your shadows are awesome Stacia, they were back in 2010 already....maybe a lot better now, but from where am standing, your pages rocked 3 years ago and equally do now :)

my thing with shadows is, I know some people dont like my shadowing (I know there are people who don't like my pages in general too), because I like deep dark shadowing, and I do not, at least for the past 5 years and I dont think it will change in the near future like the "floating shadows".
    I know there are people who love them, as I see them in GSOs all around and even some people in teams I am get praised y everyone and the designers love them, but to me is a no go area.

I do know a class would do good, at least I could learn some other side , point of view or taste, and then could adopt or not...but as I don't scrap on any Photoshop related program, all clases arround are useless to me... :(

5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Shadows really can make or break a page :D

6. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

I would love to see an example of your layouts before and after the class!