If you have a Facebook account

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Oct 16, 2018.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

....be weary of friends requests from people who are already your friends or even any kind.

There is a scam around, I have seen this from quiet a long time ago but now it seems to be happening a lot more.
    This one doesn't need to hack into account, they just duplicate your account and send requests to some of your friends list or maybe all.

To be safe, if your friends list is public, go to your settings and make it PRIVATE visible only to you (it shows like :"only me") THANK YOU @BevG , I think it was you who told me about this?

Just in case to be even safer, change your password and make all delicate info private, that way we save us and our friends of falling into it :)
    The reason I thought about posting here is because I just got another friend request from a scrapper,whom I am sure isn't real, got some two weeks ago and a few friends of mine write to me to alert me they are getting friends requests from me..... so unless I tell you specifically ...don't accept any friend request from me!!! and be careful with others :)

As I am here, an update: I wanted to start coming back yesterday but my right hand was in agony, my GP gave me a referral so I am going to hospital later on to see what can be done, hope to be able to come back & be around with you guys very very soon as I am missing you so much!!!!!!!
    Huggzz 2 you all!!!!

PS: typing on on finger of your left hand when you are right handed is NOT fun!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Christina W, patsyt, dagi and 2 others like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hope your hand feels better soon!! We sure do love you and miss you. :heartslub

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I totally get that. I remember when I was nursing and used to type with one finger on one hand. That was hard!

I am friends with my 6th grade teacher. Her account always seems to get hacked. Poor lady. She's getting up there in age and seems pretty vulnerable to things like that. I always know to never accept any other friend requests from her.

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Awwwwwww, Cynthia, I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs and kisses!!

I'm not on FB anymore, I didn't delete my account, but I deactivated it months ago. It's pretty much the same thing, but I can go back on later if I decide to.

I didn't delete Messenger, however. The other day, one of my friends notified me on Messenger and said that she had gotten a friend request from me via FB. She knew i was deactivated, so it appears that my account has been cloned. I'm in the process now of letting everybody know to not accept a friend request from me. It's always something, it seems!

5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Indeed we miss you and hope to see you soon ...

Two or three weeks ago my account was hacked ... in several groups 'I' had a spam message spread due to a loan ... luckily I quickly changed my password. In the meantime I activated the two-factor authentication ... a security feature that helps protect your Facebook account in addition to your password ...

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Hope they're able to give you something to help with the pain, dear heart! :beat

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Thanks for the info my friend, and hope you're doing better today!