If you had 12 extra hours....

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by kim21673, Jan 10, 2017.

1. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

If you had 12 extra hours in the day to scrap, what is the first thing you would scrap? I would finally finish our Disney Album from 2014!!

I know I am so busy with the boys' activities, finding time to scrap is so limited these days. I thought for sure it would be easier when they were all in school, but it is getting harder. We have soccer every day after school and games on weekends, all year round. I volunteer 4 days at the school, am on the PTO and help with various other projects at the school throughout the year.

My scrap time is so precious (and very limited) and I would love for just an extra 12 hours to finish our Disney album. We took the boys there for the first time way back in July 2014 and the album is still sitting there. Project Life cards are printed, pictures are printed...I just need the time to actually sit down and work on it...before I forget what was going on in the pictures!!!

2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I still have my sisters wedding (5 years ago)
    my son's wedding (2 years ago)
    and my daughter's wedding (year+ ago)
    to complete

kim21673 likes this.
  3. kim21673

You can do it!!!!

I still have our wedding pictures to scrap from 11 years ago too! I opted to not get an album done by the photographer because "I am a scrapper". Well....the pictures are currently sitting here, collecting dust!!

Sokee likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well I have the time, every day! time is not my issue, it's having the interest/mojo/whatever to do some of our old trips or ...uh..our 2001 wedding? I know how I want some of them to look and that involves much more time than my now normal page. And then there are the heritage images...which need to be scanned first. Oh I have the projects I could be doing...plenty of them!

That's one of the reasons I am loving MOC. One specific thing to scrap and I'm done!

5. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

My first son's baby book (he's 11 and I have 3 others I need to start!). My wedding (15 years ago)...2015 book, 2016 book, 2017 book...you name it. There are several vacations in there, too. I'm not so sure I ever finish a project. :)

lulyg14, kim21673 and bjthomas like this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's more my focus.... lol! So much going on with the boys and life, that I see "squirrels" all the time. If I had time, I scrap what inspires. I like my pages more. I have photos set aside for 2015 and 2016 albums, so pry look through those. :)

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am getting 8 hours next monday and plan on finishing mar/apr 2016, as jan/feb thanks to MOC is done! woot. But if I could have a week, I would scan my kids before digital pics and make them each a LIFE book.

lulyg14, elk2009, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  8. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

If I had an extra 12 hours just for scrapping, I'd scan in the old pictures from when I was a child and start an album just for them.

kim21673 likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I would work more consistently on books for my older children who were 14 and 10 when I started scrapping. I've done quite a few photos of them, but I'd like to put together something more cohesive for them.

kim21673 likes this.
  10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I'd probably spend the time scanning my photos from "before digital" and the family photos I got from my Mom's. If I have the photo I will find an opportunity to scrap it but if it is in a drawer there is no chance.

kim21673 and Neverland Scraps like this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just finished my September Portland trip album this morning. If I had 12 more hours to scrap, I'd be starting with getting caught up on MOC pages, then going back to my daughter's album. Her 5th birthday is in April, and I *really* hope I can have her first year done by then to print and give to her.... I've been working slowly on it for over a year at this point... Lol

kim21673 and Neverland Scraps like this.
  12. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I don't think I would scrap, but moreso organize my photos. I got behind and now I have to set time aside, from my scrapping and designing, to organize the photos in to their correct folders. Once that's done, I'd love to organize my scrapping supplies. Some files are VERY organized because I use them over and over again (like TLP's folder), but other folders are a hot mess. I'd like to organize them so I can start using them instead of being overwhelmed, setting them aside because I don't want to deal with sorting through looking for what I need to scrap.

So me, I'd organize files.

bestcee, kim21673 and wvsandy like this.
  13. kim21673

I'm right there with you! My oldest is almost 25 and I still haven't finished his baby book!!

sberkan likes this.
  14. kim21673

I see shiny things....ALL THE TIME!!!!

elk2009, jk703 and Neverland Scraps like this.
  15. kim21673

Oohh! A whole day to scrap!!! YAY!!!!

I would love to scan in old pictures of my oldest! He was born way before digital days!!!

Neverland Scraps likes this.
  16. kim21673

This would be so neat to do!!!!

17. kim21673

Me too! I am such a random scrapper...I jump all over from 2006 to the present! I haven't finished one month, let alone one year in that gap!!

18. kim21673

I would love to scan in some of the duplicates I have from before digital days and digital scrap them!!

19. kim21673

Yay for completing your Portland trip album!!!!!

klee73010 likes this.
  20. kim21673

I keep my pictures fairly organized. They are on my computer 3 times and in one of those folders the pictures get deleted as I scrap them. My digital scrapping supplies are fairly organized as well.....I do traditional scrapping as well, as that stuff is a hot mess right now. I told DH that I don't need to buy any more supplies....for forever!!! He said he would hold me to that!! LOL I sat last night and went through containers and containers of embellishments and was organizing them in my Raskog cart. I do a lot of card making and do hybrid project life so I have stuff on my computer and stuff IRL.