If you finish today's challenge

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Jan 16, 2015.

1. quietgirl

quietgirl Active Member

Last year was my first MOC and really my first consistent postings @ TLP.
    I wanted to step out of my scrapping box (literally) and find a more playful style.
    MOC has challenged me to try new approaches to scrapping. (I just need to carry
    the ideas into the rest of the year!)

2. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

I really wanted to kick my scrapping but in gear.

I made EXACTLY 8 digital pages last year and a handful of hybrid pocket pages. It was a weird year, so that's not actually that bad. We had a baby, bought a house, and had seven surgeries between the four of us.

I hadn't even thought of doing the Month of Challenges. (Honestly, the first year TLP hosted it I thought it was an insane idea. :giggle)

And it's been so good. I've organized all my stash, done my first extraction, and a bunch of pages. And had lots of fun. It's even spurred on my own designing as I'm always inspired by working with the AMAZING Lilypad designers. :heartslub

Of course, I would love the Poly spot or even a guest spot and the $20 would be great, but I've had a blast anyway. It's reminded me of when I first fell in love with scrapping, so thanks for re-igniting that love for me!

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I think this every day :lmao

4. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

It's my first time - I followed it cry closely last two years but didn't dare to jump in coz I am a very slow scrapper. This tear was my new year resolve to do it and I can't fail at resolution #1 ... Can I now? :)

I am also loving the spirits at TLP right now. It's always a positive place .... But right now it's electric!

Finally, the coupon ... The polly spot ( I am gasping as I say it... Seems so unattainable :))... And getting my pages done ... Am very close to completing my current album...7 more layouts and am off to print :) so glad that I am getting such fun inspiration everyday!

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

all of the above. I looked forward to this MOC for most of last year - last MOC kicked off a great year of scrapping for me and proved to me i can do at least a page a day (January is our downtime usually anyway with school holidays but the year before i did my summer default of sit in front of the air-con with a book for most of it because the thought of sitting in the study sweating while scrapping each night was not appealing .... i have camped in the lounge with the a/c with my laptop this Jan! -> MOC = behavioural adaption! ) and it was and is a great source of inspiration and makes me stretch and think and try new things and the coupon at the end is good motivation (esp. with our exchange rate), and any Polly spot would be fine with me too :)

6. emkayess2

emkayess2 I is a member of the grammer police ...

I wish! I just finished day 13, and after four layouts in a day my butt needs a break. I figure if I can do two a day for a few days I'll be caught up (even allowing for a day when I just don't manage to do any, because that could totally happen).

7. Mother Bear

Mother Bear Crikey!

I'm all caught up simply because I can't NOT scrap...it's nothing for me to scrap up to 7 layouts a day. (I just can't help myself).

I rarely do challenges but thought I would give MOC a try this year. The spirit here at TLP is amazing and everyone is so friendly.
    The coupon at the end is good motivation to finish. I'm not after the Polly spot (too many awesome scrappers to choose from and I'm just glad that I don't have to pick the one), but it would be truly fantastic to get it. I'm just having fun and learning a few new things as I go.

8. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

Mainly to learn and get outside my box as I don't use pictures often enough. The coupon is icing on the cake.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  9. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Because it is fun, and I get to hang out with all of you wonderful people and I do enjoy the challenge. But I am loving the inspirations most of all, and who can pass up the offer of that coupon - my wish list is HUGE!

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love the challenges, so much fun, and good humour.
    Would be mad if I didn't wish for the Poly spot too, - show me anyone who doesn't . :giggle
    coupons are really nice too :thumbsups

:thumbsups but truly the best is the fun,learning some new things ,and that everyone helps one another.

This year it coincided with us having work done to the floor - serious bad planning - but I am all up to date, and now the floor is done and I have more time to visit the gallery and look at all the amazing pages.

:yesss

Thanks for doing it .:happydance2

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  11. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Wish I had seen this for the list challenge! lol

1. I love being a part of the events here.
    2. I currently have time.
    3. I would love to be part of the team. There are so many talented people here who have been more consistently that I am mainly hoping for a guest spot.
    4. I love the styles of many of the designers here.
    5. The gallery is very inspiring!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love that MOC really kicks my scrapping mojo into gear. I love that by the end of the month it seems totally normal to scrap a page a day!

[​IMG]

13. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Kiss! And ditto what Karen said!

14. Hanazana1

Hanazana1 Shhhhh!

Cause it´s huge challenge for me to do 31 pages for a month. I´m very slow scrapper... And I think my husband pack my baggage and send me away...:giggle

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Julie..... in MY books.....you are way up there with all those AWESOMe scrappers... :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

16. Mother Bear

Mother Bear Crikey!

Cynthia, thank you!! You are pretty awesome yourself. :heartslub

17. hdmichael

hdmichael Active Member

I did it last year on a whim and managed to finish a photo book for my brother that I had been working on for two years BECAUSE the challenges were so flexible. I learned a few new tricks last year also. I decided to do it again this year to get a start on my vacation album. I love the fact that it is so, so flexible and laid back. It is also the friendliest scrapbook store activity I have ever participated in. The gallery praise is nice and sincere.

18. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

i really love the challenge in general and last year i learn so much during the MOC and really find my style !!
    in more at the end of the next year, i don't have the mojo to scrap
    So i will refind the mojo to scrap with the MOc this year and i don't dissapointed up to now

19. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

last year, I've read the posts, but I did not dare because... I don't know... lol
    this year, I've said, I can do it. the challenges are so varied and I learn so much. thank you for this.
    and if I make all, I will be happy to receive my coupon

20. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

I love the tutorials and learning something new... the OOB challenge really pushed me, but I am so excited about the whole new world that it opened :) I also scrap for the challenges - inspiration for my creative slumps. I definitely participate and push myself to get all of the challenges completed for the coupon and the Polly spot is definitely appealing :)