If you finish today's challenge

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Jan 16, 2015.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

... you are more than half way there! Yay you!! :goldstars

So, WHY do you MOC? What's your main reason for participating? To get all your scrapping done for the year? For a chance at that coveted Polly spot? :giggle Or do you play along for the challenges? Tell me why you MOC!!

2. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

because of the fun and i have time :)

3. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Love to learn and be challenged!

4. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

Polly spot and coupon! Plus I generally scrap at least 1 LO a day anyway, so this way I have something to earn at the end of the month. :)

5. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

The coupon is my main goal as I don't expect to be chosen for the coveted spot. Also, I just wanted to force myself to start the year scrapping.

6. wendy85

wendy85 Guest

I play along just to relax from my work and empty my head. and for the fun.
    I hope to keep on till the end and will recieve the coupon

All others are a fun chance but not the main reason for me.

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

to learn, not a good page maker for chance of spot

8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Its great to challenge yourself and participate. I learn so much and step out of my comfort zone for the challenges. I love love to see what everyone else is doing and its very fun. It would be great to have a CT spot (more reason to scrap outside the box) but its just as great to participate with everyone and enjoy the camaraderie. I love the chatty stuff as much as the scrapping to be honest.

9. PuSticks

PuSticks Oh, bother

I loved the "jump start" MOC gave me last year so that's the biggest reason I joined in again this year! I won't turn down the coupon either :giggle and I'd love love love to be a Polly so there's that too :flirty but overall, it's just really fun to exercise my creativity, have fun with the community and get pages done! :woot

10. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Fun
    Memories
    Fun
    Learning
    Fun
    I want the Polly spot
    Fun
    Inspiration
    Fun
    Please give me the Polly spot :giggle
    But mostly fun

11. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

I love challenges because they motivate me to scrapbook. And I like learning new things.

And yes, I'd love to have that Polly spot. :D

12. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I'm going to be totally honest here, I want the permanent Polly spot. I'm also a little addicted to challenges, as you may have noticed, 7 challenges during October, November, December, 12 Days of AJ, 15 days so far of MOC. The scrapper's here are so open, friendly and accepting - I love it! I have to tell you something that blew me AWAY. I scrapped a layout about my hummingbird feeder with a kit by Allison Pennington and she contacted me telling me how appreciative she was that I used her kit and she have me a $15 gift certificate to her store. W.O.W. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. She is just one of the amazing designers here. AND the gallery... the comments are so genuine and encouraging. It has blessed me more that anyone will know.

13. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Love participating in these challenges... to learn new tricks, get LOTS of scrapping done, and maybe have that lucky chance at getting a Polly spot!

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you said it better than i could ... :heartslub

15. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

The first year I did it because of the $20 coupon - then after I finished I really missed scrapping with a challenge every day. I noticed how fun it was to have all these layouts to show for after the month was over and how much fun I'd had with all the other scrappers stepping outside our safety zones at times :)
    The Polly spot would be totally awesome but as to me that is like winning the lottery, I'm not counting on it :giggle

16. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

The reasons have progressed over the last few weeks. First it was just to see what I could do. Then learning new things hooked me. I realized that I had some 40 pics from a photo shoot where I was having realization after realization come to me as I was walking along the beach and doing the posing. It was an amazing time for me and I wanted to capture as much as I could from that time. So that has kept me going. The coupon at the end will be nice, but it is so much more now as it has been so therapeutic for me. I do admit I'm a little tired of scrapping pics of myself!

17. thomsen

thomsen Olive Juice ...

I do it for scrapping. Since my 4 year block it's hard to find inspiration on my own. I need a challenge for my brain to fire up. The coupon will be nice but that's only a bonus. I haven't really thought about the Polly spot.

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Well, of course, who doesn't want a polly spot....duh! The best thing is coming down to my office in the morning after having my first coffee and reading a few pages of my book. I start up the computer and check to see what the new daily challenge is.

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

am afraid not :(
    I was caught until day 8...but I just posted Challenge 14...I may be able to catch up this week!!! yay!!!!:yesss

is The LIlypad!!!!!!! :flirty
    :cheer:cheer:cheer

not really..... I keep scrapping, keep scrapping :wubb

don't we all!!!!!!?????????
    it would be......

:cloud9

but even if not....

The challenges are awesome!!!!! this alone is an amazing opportunity to learn, I keep discovering stuff I thought I would hate, and end up loving, because I scrap on a different program (some of us here have it Craft Artist Professional by Serif) I keep having to find my way around stuff that isn't done the way it is in PS and I keep learning more about what I can do, and they are super fun, even if the page isn't all that for me, I am having a LOT of fun scrapping!
    :party3

There is the chance to get to meet new people, have a laugh with the community...I LOVE the chats!!!! the whole thing is just a super way to have a smile all day :) (when am not stressing out LOL)

the £20 coupon is a great thing...I am in a bit of a financial wreck at the mo and though am in CTs here, there is ALWAYS lots I want to buy!!!- the coupons in the chats are great too ....
    and not to forget the HUGE inspiration I get by discovering new things on the people I admire already, and amazing new talents coming to the family....the galery is a collection of master pieces in all styles!!!!

:heartslub

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love, love the MOC, because it motivates me for the rest of the year to scrap scrap and scrap some more!!! I have done 24 pages in 16 days! I feel like mojo is cruising thru my fingertips! I just caught up with all the challenges up to here...and am just relieved!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015