ID photos | pad patter 8.7.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Aug 7, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

What is it with photos for IDs? They NEVER look good... at least they never look good of me. I just got my ID for my new job teaching computers at the elementary school and it looks horrible. There was something up with the printer because it's got a bad red tone and I look like I got trapped in a burning building and should be in a burn unit because my skin is so red. I'd post it here but I don't want it living on the internet for the rest of eternity. It literally is THAT BAD! I think I'll end up putting a smiley sticker from the Walmart greeter over my photo... hehe! I think I'm cursed with photo IDs. My driver's license photo was taken as soon as I stepped up to the counter. I didn't even know they were taking the photo. I look like a deer caught in the headlights. My Sam's Club card isn't much better. I guess I'm just not very photogenic... hehe!

So how about you? Tell us about your photo ID stories - good and bad!

Justagirl, Ferdy and amien1 like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You can not smile in passport pictures any more. And those follow you around for 10 years. Didn't use to be that big of a deal since you only needed them if you left the country. Now you are going to need a Real ID (revised driver's license) or a passport to fly within the USA.

amien1 and keepscrappin like this.
  3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Sam’s Club pictures are the worst!

When it comes time to renew my license, I always make sure I make an appointment to get a haircut and highlights. At least then I know my hair will look good!

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

LOL!! Mine doesn't even look like me.

My driver's license picture is ok, but now my hair is a different color. I'm sure if I got stopped, they'd wonder about that. One of my sisters always brags that her picture is always so good on her license. AACKKK

Do any of you remember that episode of the (old) Ellen DeGeneres sitcom where she was at the California License Bureau trying to get a decent picture? One of the funniest episodes I've ever seen.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ha! I just lost my license (with my phone at the bottom of the Delaware River), so I literally just got a new picture taken. Of course the first, my eyes are half closed, and then the second chance wasn't much better... but I left it at that. It's not like that blurry picture really looks like me for long with seasonal skin tone, hair cuts, and color!

keepscrappin and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My best photo is my passport photo. I went to Persnickety, and they did a great job! Tilt your chin a little more, fix this hair, etc. Totally worth the $10 price!

Drivers license? You can't even see it when they take it. So, yeah, camera just a tiny bit below chin level, no warning it's being taken. The only cute thing is my hair. Oh well.

My Costco photo was so bad, they made me retake it one day because it was too 'generic'. I guess that meant any female with hair could get away with it?

amien1 and keepscrappin like this.
  7. TeaWithLemon

TeaWithLemon Well-Known Member

My work ID is 20 years old, and it’s the best ID photo I’ve ever taken. I’m dreading the day that HR catches on, or I hand it to someone who disputes that it’s actually me. That’ll be a depressing reality check!

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

It's not just you: it's everyone. Even my wonderful, adorable, fresh-faced and wrinkle-free kids look like goblins in their passport photos. They were NOT pleased rofl!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

yes! my face is all smooshed and I look like Frodo!

I love my Driver's License photo, so much I just renew it every 4 years on line!

I even weigh what it says now! haha

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't look like myself in my passport photo because I don't have my glasses on. I look totally different. I even went to a 2nd place after I had the first photos taken they were so bad. The second place wasn't any better. Tell me why passport photos are now taken with a digital point and shoot camera... I much preferred the photo from 2007 than the one in 2017.

Driver's license isn't that bad since I have my glasses on! Would like to keep that pic but not sure the state of Ohio will let me with the change in requirements for DL.

Yeah, Sam's Club is bad but I didn't know I was getting the membership the day I did. My cousin put me on her account when I went with her that day.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My gym membership photo is ugh....I mean, who is prepared to take a photo when you are there to workout? Come on!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I joke every year about the fact that I am 52 years old (or however old I was at the time) and I'm still getting school pictures haha. We get them made with the kids for the yearbook and they use those for our ID's. I like to keep them and look back at the progression of my wrinkles LOL. They are not that bad usually, but now driver's license...awful!!

jesskab, keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

None of my id photos are great but I'd say the worst experience was when I thought I was saving money by using the post office but because I'm so short they couldn't do the photos that well so I ended up having to go to a proper camera store - I wasn't charged at the post office but it was more the inconvience of it all.

Honestly I think the worst photo for me is the one on my 18+ id card that I got last year...yes only at the age of 30 did I get it (no need up until now as I don't drink alcohol at all but needed it for a piece of quasi government id for some job applications). The photo isn't bad......its more the fact I'm stuck with it til I'm 40

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

It seems every time I go get mine done it's after some all-day field trip in the woods with kids or I'm sick or something else that makes me look terrible. Its like I never plan to get dolled up and then go!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We just renewed ours (and got new ones for the kids) last year and NO ONE told us we couldn't smile. Thankfully the dude let them through anyway. SO our passports we have nice smiles! ;)
    [​IMG]

My Driver's License is a photo from before I had kids- and we were going to a wedding, so I was DONE up! It's been the same for YEARS but it's TOO good to change. The sad thing is that I don't normally look like that- so when I'm no makeup/ponytailing it- people do a double take! lol!
    id.JPG
    That's hysterical! Someone told me once that my costco photo looks like a boy (my hair is in a ponytail so you can't see it!) lol!

bestcee, keepscrappin and jesskab like this.
  16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@amien1 - Your passport photos are nice! Maybe I am confusing that with our drivers license. I had to get both photos redone in the past 3 months.

keepscrappin and amien1 like this.
  17. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I always look like a chipmunk. I rarely wear makeup, unless I know I'm getting my picture taken! I'm 39 in my school id. We should to new cards last year & I was really excited to take a new pic. Nope, they used our old ones. Not as bad as the previous id I guess. In that one, I'd just had Jamie one week prior.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I believe I was told I couldn't smile for my Drivers License (last month). It's a Real ID thing.

However, travel.state.gov (Passport) still says "You must have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open." So, maybe it was drivers license? Or a mean passport photographer!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

they take photos of me for a temporary ID every time I go into school to deal with a medical emergency, or a medical procedures meeting. They always look horrendous. It never helps that the camera at the login desk is positioned for someone taller than me.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

congrats on the new job @keepscrappin !!! i have to giggle at your burning building imagery. but yeah, i am the same. my photos never ever look good at all! and as i get older they seem to be getting worse!

i had no idea you couldn't smile anymore!

keepscrappin likes this.