I think I worked through ALL of May!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrappyjedi, Jun 2, 2016.

1. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Seriously...National Scrapbooking Day? Worked. Star Wars Day? Worked. Mother's Day, my Mom's birthday...I worked a little on both of those. And every day in between.

And then I woke up yesterday and it was June! Actually, that's not entirely accurate- I worked until 1:00am the night before, so technically I went to bed and it was June.

It's a hazard of having a full-time job along with a small business that decided to have its biggest month yet during the month I wanted to do so many fun things!!! I'm not going to complain, though, because it's about to enable me to do something really, really cool...

Darren is coming home next Tuesday for his 2 week summer break from medical school, and we are going to get the rental house that has been vacant for a while listed for sale! Once it sells, my last big financial responsibility is gone (the rental is the only house we own that we still make payments on) and I AM RETIRING FROM MY FULL-TIME SOFTWARE JOB!!!

I am so excited about having just one job (the small business) again that I can't stand it. I want time to scrap. Time to play with Legos. Time to go running. Time to finally learn how to do a pull-up.

Oh, who am I kidding- I want time to SLEEP!!

Okay, I am really just rambling, but I have missed you guys and wanted to pop in and catch up. And now that I've posted about my life, I'm off to read and see what I have missed in all of yours!! Big hugs!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Congratulations!

3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Wow. Congratulations. I'm hoping to retire in January. Can't wait.

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Congratulations! Yes, sleep should go to the top of the list! When you have had good rest, all else is doable. :)

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's so awesome! How wonderful that your small business had the best month yet! And even more awesome that you get to put it first, and let go of the software job.

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That sounds awesome!! Congratulations to you :)

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

WOO HOO on great things happening for you! I love hearing it all, and look forward to seeing your Lego creations on pages! tee hee

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Congrats !!!!!!!!! I'm delighted that you will have more time for sleeping, for dedicating to what you want to do, and scrap of course!!!!! you know I love your pages, I am so looking forward to seeing you scrap more!!!!!
    Hugggzzzz

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! How exciting! :)

10. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

@scrappyjedi I hope this means you will be doing more hybrid!! I am feeling lonely!!! LOL