I think I lost it

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by meterr, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Oh no! I like the idea of scraplifting. Maybe get inspired by others.

And the internet thing is frustrating! My husband works from home & the last 5 years we've been battling to get better internet. Thankfully we had ok internet....but it was laughable compared to what everyone he works with around the country has. I would have to kick of my uploads or downloads at night when everyone was in bed. We FINALLY got cable internet a couple of months ago and I can't believe we lived without it. It's amazing!

meterr likes this.
  2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

You will find that creative mojo! It might take a bit of time and a learning curve with the new technology (or lack thereof)....but where there is a will, there is a way!!! You can do it!!!!

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

girl, just scraplift yourself or someone else, or use a template. You've got this! Now, can we see pics of the new house?

4. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

That sounds so frustrating and I can totally relate. I was away from scrapping for a few years too, and when I tried restarting, I felt like I've forgotten how to do it. Nothing seemed right and my pages looked amateurish. But the more I did it, the more I 'remembered' how to do it. Like the others said, you have it in your brain. It's just that it hasn't been accessed for many years, so it'll take a while to figure it out. But I'm sure you will!

5. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There...I Can Kinda Relate...The Last Place Where We Lived!...The Internet Was Terrible!...I Used To Go Days Without Internet!...I Became So Angry! & Frustrated!...But That Was Nothing...I Found Out!...My Hard Drive Crashed Back In 2019!...On INSD Weekend!...I Was Mortified!...I Couldn't Shop Or Participate In Anything!...It Was The First One In 5 Years I Had Missed!...Frankly,I Never Got Over It!...Missing That Weekend's Sales! & My Potential Purchases! & Participating!...I Felt Left Out & Alienated!...I Didn't Get A Lot Of Sympathy Either!...I Still Have Not Recovered All The Product I Lost!...I Essentially Lost Everything! I Had In My Lilypad Stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I Cried For Days I Think...I Have Now...2 Years Later...Only Have Bought Back A Few Items From My Lost Stash!!...It Still Stings!...I See Other People Scrapping with The Products That I Lost!...& It Still Stings! A Bit!...I Don't Have The Money To Buy Them All Back!...One Designer Here Was Kind Enough To Get Me All Of Her Products Back That I Purchased!...That Was So Nice!...I Wish I Could Get Most Of It Back!...But I Realized That I Could Try To Get It All Back Or Start All Over Again! With New! Product!...I Couldn't Do Both!...So I Opted To Start Over Again!...But I Lost All Of My Rebecca McMeen Stuff!...I Would Cry To Get All That Back!...Some Of Rachel Jefferies Stuff!...Kristin Aagard's Stuff!...A Few Of Lynn Grieveson's Things!...Some Of LBW's Stuff Too!...A Couple Of Paula's Things Too!...But I Digress!...I Thought My Problems Couldn't Get Any Worse...Then I Found Out My Computer Was Caput!!!!!!!!!...I Couldn't Afford A New! Computer!...I Went Without A Computer! Or Scrapping For 3-4 Months!...I Thought I Was Gonna Die!...Somehow I Managed To Get Through It!...But That Wouldn't Work For Me Now!...I Have CT Commitments! That Wouldn't Allow This!...

My Brother Kindly Spent A Lot Of Time Rebuilding Me A Computer! & Rounding Me Up An Older Hard Drive...I'm Still Using This Computer Today! & That Older Hard Drive!...I'm Happy! It Still Works!...But Soon It Will Need To Be Replaced Too!...The Point Is!...Everything Seems The Worst At The Time!...But We All Manage To Muddle Through!...I Too Was Terrified That I Would Lose My Mojo!...And Even After 3-4 Months!...It Took Me A Bit Of Time To Re-Find Myself!...& I Thankfully Did!!!...But My Scrapping Style Has Changed A Lot Over The Years...Perhaps Yours Has Too!...I Found It Helpful To Browse The Lilypad Gallery!...Lots Of Inspiration There!...We All Gravitate Towards What We Like! & What Suits Us!...It's Just How It Is!...When You Find That!...Attempt To Learn What You Can About It!...& Not To Copy That Style!...But Create Your Own Interpretation Of This Style...Whatever It May Be For You!...My Style Is A Whole Bunch Of Styles Mashed Up!...You Too Will Find Your Way!...It Just Takes Time!...I Still Look At My Old Layouts From Back Then & I Cringe!...It's A Learning Process!...I Was Using...[Up Until A Year Ago Or So...10 Year Old Software!!!...OMG!!!..]...To Scrap!...I Had To Learn How To Use Photoshop Elements On My Own!...From Scratch!...I Was Scared Too!...It Took Me A Long Time To Get The Gist!...& I'm Still Learning All The Time!...But Now Am Comfortable Using PSE!...I Have PSE 19!...I'm So Sorry For Your Struggles!...No Internet!...I Would Surely!...Die!...You Are Very Brave!!!...Glad Things Are Getting Better For You Now!...Just Go For It!...Create!...Struggle!...Create Again!...It's A Process!...But Before You Know It!...You Will Find Your Way!...We All Go Through Periods Of Lost Mojo!...With Or Without The Internet!...Life Has Been Full Of Ups & Downs Due To Covid! & Other Things!...Can't Wait To See What You Come Up With!...

Now 2 Years Later!...I Have A Healthy New! Stash!...& Lots Of Stash! To Peruse!...

Take Care...Hearts & Hugs,Rhonda...:bk...

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, if it makes you feel any better I've definitely had times like this myself. I go through spurts where life takes over and I just don't have time to scrap for a few months and then when I try again I've forgotten all my shortcuts and I feel lost at first. I just keep plugging away and it usually comes back to me. I start with a template or a scraplift to get me back in the swing of things again! Have faith!! You still have that creativity bottled up inside just waiting to burst out again! :agree