I Need A Hand

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by blueberries, Oct 25, 2019.

1. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Lotion, that is :-D

I've spent years trying to find a decent hand moisturizer and haven't found something I like, so I figure why not ask y'all? You've turned me on to amazing stuff before, I'm hoping that luck holds.

I need something to keep on my desk, that will handle dishpan (and menopause) dry without leaving me with icky, greasy palms. Not wildly expensive would be a bonus but I'll take non-greasy over cheap; I can make things last long enough to make it worth the cost.

jesskab likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

CeraVe cream. I use the ointment on my dry heels and it works wonderfully. It was recommended for my kids' eczema, but my heels benefit too lol. The cream isn't as greasy (though the ointment isn't really greasy, just thick, ya know?)

Dalis and HavaDrPepper like this.
  3. blueberries

@Tree City Thanks for the suggestion, I'm getting a sample to try it out :-D

Tree City likes this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Vanicream lotion or cream.

Dalis likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I am a big fan of Bath & Body Works shea butter body cream. They have options just for hand cream as well, with tons of fragrances to choose from. They also have a Shea Butter that's lightly scented. I just find it absorbs very well into the skin and makes a difference quite quickly!

bestcee likes this.
  6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I like the Cetaphil lotion (NOT the cleanser; they package them very similar!) for my dry hands. I don't remember the price since I haven't had to buy new for a long time. Good luck! Let us know if you find one you like! I'm curious!

Dalis likes this.
  7. blueberries

@djp thank you, that's another one for the try out list, so glad it's easily available.

@gonewiththewind thanks for you, too - although my wallet isn't anywhere near as thrilled as I am. I'm not going to be able to pick just one scent :-D

8. blueberries

@umyesh awesome, thanks for that. I think I've used Cetaphil in the past but it's been so long I don't remember much - and plus I was so much younger, so whatever I might remember likely doesn't still hold true. And I'll make a point to give product reviews :-D

umyesh likes this.
  9. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

10. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My fave right now is Beautiful Day. They do have buy two get one free on the hand creams right now! LOL I always get into trouble when I go in that store or shop online!

blueberries likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I always stock up around Thanksgiving. They have a great black friday sale typically!
    I like the shea butter lotion. Not the regular one for dry skin.
    Other favorites -
    More expensive: Infinite Aloe. I buy it at the Costco Roadshow, so if that's an option you can try it out. It's a thinner lotion, not greasy to me, and makes my skin super soft! For this one, a little goes a long way. Bonus: Friends have used it on eczema to good results.

Once in awhile: When our hands are super dry and at that cracking point, we turn to Working Hands. I don't like it as a daily lotion. I do like it to magically heal and moisturize when I've forgotten the daily lotion. It's an odd texture, so you may or may not like it.

Middle of the road price: Men's Gold Bond. They have some neutral scents. I don't know what's in this one, but it's awesome on dry skin! Munchkin had some eczema starting when we got back to the dry desert, and this helped clear it up quickly. My RN uses it on his hands all the time since he washes his hands constantly.

My favorite daily is the Bath and Body shea butter ones in the tube not the bottle. Bonus if you watch for coupons and sales it's a pretty cheap lotion. I've been using "Endless Summer". It's a thicker lotion.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  13. blueberries

@bestcee Thank you, awesome tips there - especially the black Friday sales. I can sit on my dry hands for a few weeks :-D

bestcee likes this.
  14. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Kisses! I got one!

blueberries likes this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'll second the hand cream from Bath & body works! Thanksgiving time is a great time for sales & stocking up.

blueberries likes this.
  17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I am a huge fan of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Daily skin therapy. Love this stuff!
    [​IMG]

I use it .... well daily! It makes my skin feel great and I am menopausal too so I really notice my dry skin too!

AND ...... it makes me smell like chocolate which is KILLER! Yum! Its the closest I can get to chocolate while on WW :giggle

keepscrappin, MrsPeel and blueberries like this.
  18. blueberries

Thanks for the enabling lolol :-D

19. blueberries

Thanks for the tip - lol and the heads up on the chocolate smell.

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My dermatologist says you can't beat plain old vaseline a lot of the time. Definitely cheap!

MrsPeel and blueberries like this.