I love this chatty pad

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Genniejoy, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I do love this chatty pad. I have been missing in action a bit this past month with my first short cruise, an interstate wedding, court case for my 19 yr old son, busy getting paper work, finding and seeing a lawyer, etc ( no one told me about this when I wanted a cute little baby all those years ago!) and then trying to get my new laptop up and running and still trying to get to the challenges!

I got my final 7th challenge finished and uploaded 40 mins before the deadline! Phew! Now, I've nothing to do until tomorrow's challenges are posted for April! :) I must say, sometimes it's a pain, but at other times, I'm grateful to be 14 hours ahead of Midnight Eastern time! :) I only just made that last one! :D (I had planned it though!) :)

I'm loving the monthly challenges, these and MOC got me back into my digi scrapping after a bit of a break and lost mojo. And, I love seeing your faces and chatting on here. Feeling a bit 'displaced' at the moment. Very glad that Good Friday was the start of our two week break! :D I LOVE holidays!

Sara, bestcee, bellbird and 6 others like this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

The challenges have definitely got me into a habit of adding a lot more scrapping to my Project Life pages. My dil looked through some of my printed books made up of challenge scraps because there were pages about her husband or our family for her to enjoy.

Cherylndesigns and jenn mccabe like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

100% agree! I have been MIA these last two weeks of March and although I'll still be a bit scare for the next 2 weeks, I just had to get in and get a TLP fix this weekend! I had really missed all of you, the gallery, the amazing products the designers make and the forum of course! I feel whole again and can concentrate on the things I need to do again.

So glad you were able to squeeze in that last challenge before the deadline ... and ENJOY your 2 week break. Wow! That sounds wonderful!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Glad to see you and glad you found some time to pop back around!! Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate! The next couple of months get pretty crazy for me, but I hope to find time to hang out...this is my escape!! I really miss it if I don't get my Pad time! Have fun with those April challenges :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I have been out with computer issues also! I am hoping to get back into the swing this month. Work has been crazy and it just doesn't seem like anything ever slows down!

6. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I've been away for awhile because, quite honestly, I've just been in a funk. So glad I stopped by today. I need by pals at the pad and I need to be scrapping. I've sorted through the thousand or so photos of my daughter's wedding into folders -- one for each page or double page spread. It will be over 70 pages and I need to be working on it! I'm in a funk because my husband changed jobs after losing his job. We have tightened our budget and that's ok, but now he travels most of the time and I'm home alone with the cat and dog. I need to use those evenings for scrapping!

bestcee likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I totally agree! I love popping in here and seeing what everyone is up to! Congrats @Genniejoy on finishing the 7th challenge in time, especially with everything else you'd had going on! Hurrah for a 2 week break too! We had a 3 day weekend and it was SO nice to have that extra day. My boys have spring break this week, but I have to go back to work sadly. Lol!

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

This is a great place to be!
    I have not be very active lately... life away from the computer has been busy. Hopefully this month I will find time to complete more challenges than what I achieved last month.

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

we too are on spring break, and I am excited to just enjoy the boys this week! We are going on a little road trip today for indoor swimming, but the rest of the week, having friends over to hang out, eat and just enjoy life!
    @Genniejoy I am so glad you popped back in, I so enjoyed meeting and playing with you during the MOC in January. and adult kids are hmmmm more challenging and send you to your knees in prayer so much harder than I ever imagined. But, encouraging, that they do eventually see the light!
    I am determined to do the challenges this month and the designer ones too! I haven't printed a book in way too long!

10. Genniejoy

Thanks Anne! Yep you pegged this! I had NO idea! Met my first ever lawyer and was in court this last week with my 19 yr old who now owes me $2200 for the lawyer's fee! You'll have to convert it but he was caught doing 65 km an hour over the speed limit last year on a freeway at 1am! Talk about stress! Never has a court appearance been so prayed about. He could have gotten a criminal conviction, (the road laws are super strict in the state we live in) but thankfully he got the minimum loss of licence for 12 months and $1000 fine. Could have been so much worse and that was all after he'd had his licence for only 5 months. (You can't get a driver's licence here until you are 18.) I'm glad to hear he'll eventually see the light!!!

11. Genniejoy

Thanks for your encouragement girls! I love seeing your faces again and reading your comments. AnneofAlamo you need a photo of you so I know what you look like! :D

Looking forward to being on here more, although going to a conference from Wed - Sat and need to pack and prepare food and shop for it tomorrow. SO I'll be back next Sunday! :) Then I'll have a whole week to chat! :D

12. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@Genniejoy Goodness, Gennie. How stressful! So glad it all worked out for him and wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.

I do love seeing pro-Pad posts so much. I do hop around in digiland because I believe in supporting the Scrapping industry as a whole, but I can honestly say that no other community can touch ours. Not even close!

That’s a testament to Laura, whose character is reflected in the kindness, warmth and security this family provides every day to its members.

All of my fellow scrappers are so wonderful and mean so much to me! I know it’s cheesy, but I feel we all have an intrinsic bond that non-memory keepers really don’t get.

Laura, Julie, Nancy and every hard-working Polly, especially the community Pollys, put the support, happiness, and safety of this scrappy family above all else; so much of which they do that most don’t see.

We owe them so much for all the work they do and care they put in, and I’m so very proud to call The Lilypad my scrappy home. I love all my peeps!

13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

for you @Genniejoy

Karen, Genniejoy and londoncuppa like this.
  14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

OH My! So many prayers still going out and my kids are definitely adults. I pray that daughter/son-in-law can move to a town where they both get good jobs. I pray for my daughter-in-love for her health as she has fibromyalgia and is learning to live with that. I pray for my son because he loves her and their life is turning out differently than they expected.

15. londoncuppa

They will definitely be in my prayers, Kim. Fibromyalgia is just one of the ailments I deal with, and I know how completely life-altering it is; especially at a younger age. I travel 2 hours away (once a month) to see a pain management doctor and have for a decade now. You end up building your life around it. I’ll add all of your intentions to my daily prayer list. {hugs}

kimingvtx likes this.
  16. londoncuppa

Great pic, Anne. I love your smile so much. It’s infectious and full of joy!

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, I'm so happy that I found this wonderful and supportive place! @Genniejoy - I know what you're going through and I so agree - the older they get, the more the worries change. Sometimes, it never stops. My sister and I talked for a long time last night, on the phone. She's going through so much turmoil with her grandchildren right now. We have one of our daughters and grandson living with us right now for the second time. We just try to "roll with the punches".
    Sending good vibes out to all who need them. :heartslub

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.
  18. Genniejoy

I LOVE IT!!!! Awesome photo! :) Why did I think you had red curly hair! LOL :)

19. Genniejoy

You girls are all so lovely. Thanks for all your comments and prayers. I had NO IDEA that it got harder once they were over 18, I always thought it would be easier! :eek: But my love for this kid just keeps growing no matter how many dumb mistakes he makes or stress he causes me! I just did an hour's return drive to drop him at a new job he started today! Need to pick him up at 9pm! The things we mums do! :) <3

bestcee and londoncuppa like this.
  20. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Oh @Genniejoy I feel your pain hunnie. Sometimes they have to learn the hard way but in the end, busing it everywhere will have him rethinking his choices. :)

I have always felt so comfortable in this forum too, you never feel ignored and are always made to feel welcome. I also think our gallery is the best, I have never seen a page without a comment and if I do its soon filled with love. Thats one of the pulls to TLP for me over the years...this community rocks for sure!

londoncuppa likes this.