I heart Backblaze

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by busywoman139, Nov 24, 2018.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I wanted to share how much I love Backblaze! I just took advantage of their Restore Return Refund program and it's awesome. I lost a 2TB EHD that housed ALOT of my digi stash and photography tools from the past 7-ish years. Fortunately, it was all backed up on Backblaze. So I got to work restoring files but I was spending a lot of time downloading from my account on their website until I read about the restore service where they will mail you a hard drive with your selected files/drives/etc.. for $189. Then, you have the option of sending it back to them within 30 days and they will refund your $189! (You do pay for return shipping, but it doesn't have to be an expensive/fast shipping option.) I completed my restore today and will be sending their drive back. I am one very satisfied customer!

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, I'm sorry you lost all those files, but YEA for BackBlaze! There have been a few people on here who have used their EHD restore service (I think some people have kept the EHD; some, like you, returned it). It's always great to read another positive story about that service.

And yes, it's a time-saver, isn't it? I can't imagine trying to download 2TB worth of files!

busywoman139 likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I agree! I did the same thing! that little drive that they sent made me go looking for a solid state thumb drive! Great price at Walmart!

busywoman139 likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's awesome! I got Backblaze because of the great reviews I saw on here! This makes me feel more and more like I made a good investment.

bestcee and busywoman139 like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awesome!! So glad you were able to get all your stuff back!

busywoman139 likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Agree, I wouldn’t be without Backblaze now.

busywoman139 likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah!! So far I haven't had a big enough loss to use the drive recovery. I'm so glad it worked out easily for you!
    I love Backblaze.

8. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Thanks!! I'm thinking that in the 5+ years of using them, I've usually only had to restore a few files at a time. So glad this was an option!

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Good to know. After a mishap this year with Time Machine not working - I started using Blackblaze too - so happy to hear it is easy to get files restored with that hard drive option. Yay for backups!!!

10. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Absolutely, Backblaze is worht every penny. I lost an EHD with all my photos on it and restored them all with Backblaze. I didn't use the EHD option, being in Germany it didn't sound like a good option and it took me a long time to restore the photos by downloading zipped files, but I got all my photos back and that is the main thing.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@busywoman139 I had to do the same thing and took advantage of their program ONLY at the time I did it, they didn't have the return portion part of it. So now I have an extra portable EHD. I'm so glad that you had your files backed up, and I agree that Backblaze is well worth the investment.

busywoman139 likes this.