I have a MOC hangover...

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by ElizabethW, Feb 2, 2018.

1. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

I remember back in my paper scrapping days...after a big weekend of scrapping, my little craft space would be a mess, and I'd not only be weirdly excited about cleaning it, but I usually ended reorganizing everything too!

I seem to be having a similar post-MOC reaction...I've spent the better part of the day making lists of pages needed to complete various projects, and now I need to tag all the goodies I picked up here and there during MOC because I just COULD NOT finish the page without it!

I need my EHD all straightened up so I can plunge back in!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I totally feel that way! I never related it to my paper background like you did though! That makes sense!

I have the same thing - I've been clearing out my downloads folder, and getting photos tagged that I haven't done all month. And thinking about how I can organize my supplies better.

ElizabethW likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Same thing happening here.... after some of the great hints about organising happening last month I hope to get busy soon adding new icons to my folders to make it easier when searching for that certain kit to use.
    Also want to organise my oodles of styles into a better system so they are easier to find when I want to upload and use something.

ElizabethW and bestcee like this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I really should tag things, especially the woodgrain and kraft papers, they're some of my favorite and I just don't use them enough.

Sokee and bestcee like this.
  5. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I just plugged in my 4 tb passport to move over all my scrap supplies as a back up then go through, delete, and organize. Slowly but surely. I am not sure how I feel now that I succeeded. It's strange. I'm already thinking, should I go back and re-do this one or that one b/c I didn't love it. And wondering if I go to bed, if I'd miss a message that I have a mess up and must rush to make a last minute change.

JillW and Sokee like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've been cleaning up my space and tucking some things back where they should be most of the day. Also doing my monthly backup and getting ready for a clean start to February.

bestcee and ElizabethW like this.
  7. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

AUGH! I hadn't even thought of that! Staying up till midnight now....

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

I don't know when your tagline changed, but I love it!

ElizabethW likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I was like that after my first MOC!!!!!!
    right now, I have so many ideas for challenge and scrap.chats, I need to write it down before I forget, but have already started writing something for a new project!!!
    I wish the day had more hours!!!!!

Jems, ElizabethW and bestcee like this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm feeling more like coming down off of a high. I'm scattered and feeling like I'm missing something.

11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I am like @Pachimac After MOC last year I was in a total scrapping low and didn't feel like doing anything. So this month I am jumping right into the monthly challenges and made myself a new siggie as a little pick me up.

12. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I think what I'm going to do is browse the MOC layouts and leave some love. Will help cure the hangover.

13. LBscraps

LBscraps Well-Known Member

I have to say I was getting a little burnt out. Perhaps because I also had a lot of CT requirements from other stores designers I was trying to get done PLUS I traveled last week, and it was too much anxiety. However, I scrapped 75 layouts in January!!!! Now THAT feels good!

Right now I'm trying to catch back up (get ahead a bit) with my CT things, and then I can scrap for myself (using anything I want to!) again, which will feel good.

I do LOVE some of my layouts that took me far outside my comfort zone! The triangle one in particular - that is a COOL look, and i'll be applying that thought process again at some point. Not something to do on tons of pages lol, but the occasional WOW is nice in a book.

I'm glad I was able (mentally) to commit to this and then to DO it! This was my second MOC (I hadn't done it in the last couple of years) - I'm pretty proud of myself!

14. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

75 pages! WOW! That is amazing!! I believe you deserve to scrap 'just for yourself' now too!! ENJOY! :-)

LBscraps likes this.
  15. LBscraps

LBscraps Well-Known Member

Thank you @JillW - I'm just grateful I had 3 weeks in January that I DIDN'T travel - otherwise I never could have done that many!

16. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

me too... I looked at the challenges for feb because MOC was fun, so I thought I give it a go. But then I opened up lightroom and thought... nah. I don't want to scrap with the same kits again. I'll do something else ;) I hope my mojo comes back soon :) I'll do some paperscrapping in the meantime ;)

KatrinaHunt13 and bestcee like this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have been decidedly scattered since MOC ended. A friend said you're usually so organized ... and I have been misplacing my keys & sunglasses. That's always a sign I don't put them into their proper place right by the front door. I am going to scrap today but this is also a weekend that includes tagging in Lightroom. I can only do a couple hours at a time with that and my eyes cross...so thanks be for Netflix and laundry. :laundry

KatrinaHunt13 and bestcee like this.
  18. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Post MOC, I have apparently lost the ability to scrap without someone telling me specifically what to scrap each day :giggle

19. bestcee

I've been adding icons to all my kit folders so they are pretty! And I can see the color scheme, etc without opening each folder!
    I needed a small scrapping break, and organizing makes me feel focused still. Plus it excited me to see a kit that I forgot about!

Tedasgram (Ruth) and ElizabethW like this.
  20. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

Whoa! That is amazing!!! You go girl! {I just totally aged myself....}

I ended up not getting to finish MOC because of traveling - I just ran out of time. And I have such a good idea for the triangle challenge but didn't get to it. I was really happy when I saw one of the Feb challenges is to do an MOC challenge! I'm so doing that challenge!!

bonnenuit likes this.