I don't have to limit myself!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Mrivas, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I don't have to limit myself!

When I started scrapping I was like well, I'll scrap only pictures from 2011 and forward cause I think I'm silly like that. Now I'm looking at all my edited photos from 2010 and earlier and I want to scrap those too!!! Why do I limit myself? I think it's because I like to scrap memories that are fresh in my memory. Anyway, I will post more pages of earlier photos from now on!

PS. My son is cracking up over the silly little faces that are going crazy on the right, lol!

2. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

i am scrapping all the way back to 2006. ;) well, Dec. 2005 technically, which is when my DD was born.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am so glad we get to see some older pics from you. Yep, never let anyone limit you specially yourself!

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It's funny you brought that up b/c I was just thinking that I need to go thru some old CDs of photos and scrap them. I think part of the reason I haven't scrapped those is b/c they are before my days as a photographer so the photos aren't as pretty as my newer photos and some are just so blurry with crappy lighting that it just sort of hurts my eyes LOL....but....they are my memories, my family/friends and I also want to remember and journal about them. So, yes....I need to get those CDs out and just go for it!

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Dang...girl....you are ahead of me in posting. Dalis....tackle Maribel and hold her down while I go post and get ahead of her :pffft

6. Mrivas

Lol, Rae, about them hurting your eyes. But, like you said they definitely are your memories and need to be remembered.

7. Mrivas

I could definitely go back to really early, like 2005 when I had my daughter. Maybe I will. From now on I'll just scrap without any date limits!

8. Mrivas

It felt kinda overwhelming to go way back but I'll just go with the flow and stop limiting myself.

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

One thing I'm becoming more comfortable with is to embrace imperfection, in both my photos and my scrapping style. Sounds simple but so hard to do IMO.

10. Dalis

major LOL!!!!!

11. Dalis

Yep, go with the flow and enjoy the journey!

12. Mrivas

Lol, Rae! It's a race! Not stopping now, lol!

Btw, I have a hard time embracing the imperfect too! There's so many things I need to change...

13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I started in our yearbooks, adding blast from the past pages. that way I get them printed too!

14. Dana

Dana Dana

woohoo! i love scrapping with older photos - i need to do it more often :) can't wait to see more from you :)

15. Mrivas

Ha, I just transferred some to my computer from EHD to work on them! It make me sad to look at how little my daughter was, she's painfully big now! Can't she stay little? You'll see what I mean when I post them!

16. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Me too. I have an especially hard time when I have unrealistic expectations of myself. But then I remember that if I ever got caught up on scrapping...what the heck else would I do? Ha!

17. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I'm going back to 2010 right now and then need to hook up an EHD to my computer so I can start to scrap my photos from years prior...I have holidays and vacations galore to scrap from those years!

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

trust me, you will NEVER be caught up! lol I am doing PL for 2007! bhahaha

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Maribel, I scrap 50 year old stuff :) I say scrap whatever!! Also scrap without photos too, just to remember!

20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm with Christina! Scrap with whatever and don't limit yourself ..... just do it :D