I don’t know what to do

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by littlekiwi, Mar 10, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Been thinking on this awhile and I’m just not sure....I had always thought that once I move (whenever that may be....aka when I get a job), I’d go back to Project Life or something similar. I’ve done it a few times in the past but petered out pretty quickly. The reason I hadn’t considered now was the right time is my life right now is made up of oh about 4 things....cr*p sleep, distance learning study, job applications and maybe a job interview or two then resting most of the rest of the time and I just repeat that over and over again.....but within those thoughts, I was thinking I could do some sort of PL or journal about each week of my study....all going well, I’ll have three lots of 16 weeks this year (I’m halfway through week 2 of the first course so it wouldn’t take too much to go back and at least journal for last week and I do have maybe 2 screen shots of the start of my course and how not far I got in week one thanks to very slow internet. How would you scrap it as it’s predominantly me working online with no real papers or books and due to fatigue I’m 98% of the time working from bed?

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I think it would be cool to add in some screenshots of your workflow. You don't have to share, or you could blur what you share since I know the job apps and such are personal. But how cool would it be to document this is where/when you found the job and applied, and then the interview, and then your first day? It would be neat to be able to look back and see how all your hard work paid off. I know that your life won't always be job apps, but that's a huge part of your time right now.

I've scrapped when I have PCOS flairs in different ways. Usually, a flair means I spend the whole day on the couch and in the bathroom. Some photos I've taken to document that in different weeks: a photo of the saltine crackers and water; my heating pad; the bed; the remote control; myself cuddled up. I don't always write a lot about it, but I will throw the photo in to remind myself that was the case. Maybe that's some ideas for your fatigue/crap sleep?

For online school: Over my 4 years, I've used photos of my notes ( I still like to write some things down), photos of the screen with an assignment up, or video playing, grade progress. I've written about especially challenging assignments. I've used photos of my computer setup, since my desk always looks cleaner when I'm not in school. I've added photos of the snacks I eat - Albanese gummy bears are my go-to study snack usually, but last month was some discount conversation hearts, and this month is Cadbury Chocolate Eggs. One semester it was chocolate licorice. I've done selfies with the computer behind me and frowning, or smiling depending on my mood that week! I've had a thumbs up because I finished a class, or a grumpy face when frustrated. I've added some screenshots of assignment feedback, like when a teacher wanted to use my assignment as an example for future students. Random moments like that. Hopefully, that gives you some ideas!

You could also add in a schedule card each week showing either 1 days schedule, or your week schedule. I added in my dinner plan every week for a month once. It was cool to see what we were eating. I've added screenshots of the weather, because that can dictate my activity level.

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I agree with Courtney, adding screenshots could be fun! Or taking photos of notes that you make. You could definitely journal a bunch about what you accomplished for the week, what struggles you had, how you're feeling. I think it would be so neat to look back on someday to see how you got to where you are. Sometimes the little details get lost.
    Courtney's ideas are all fabulous!

littlekiwi and bestcee like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You could also do photo-less pages. You might already or be able to find some journal cards that reflect your feelings or mood for the week. I have have a kit to suggest. Remember the TLP Collab a few years back called All the Feels? I believe it was a blog hop with FWP add-ons. There is certainly a variety of feelings expressed on journal cards, word art, flairs, etc. in that kit. Could be fun to use and you might already have it. Parts 2 & 3 are still in the store - and just $5 each.

littlekiwi likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@BevG thanks for the collab recommendations, I can’t believe I didn’t have them already.

BevG likes this.