I did it.....

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by stampin_rachel, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Wow that's amazing!! Good for you!!! :) I can do 13 miles....in my car!! :giggle

2. lingovise

lingovise Member

that is super exciting, Rach!! Congrats! i'm just starting to get back into marathon walking and have always dreamed of running. right now i can manage a fast pace of about 4/4.5 on the treadmill... but i've never ran before and wouldn't know where to start. sounds like several of you could get me pointed in the right direction... i've tried to look at stuff online, but geesh there is just so much out there that it's overwhelming. anyone care to help out a total greenhorn? :D

3. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

I think that c25k is the best!

4. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Loni - the C25K (Couch to 5 K) is where I started. It was a great program and I would highly recommend it.

5. lingovise

lingovise Member

great! i'll def be checking into the C25K... thanks so much for the info, Ladies ♥

6. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

Rachel, I only JUST saw this. dur. How's the training going?! I'm super-excited for you. I wish I had the guts to sign up for and train for a marathon. I'm busy just getting myself back into a daily work-out routine and getting my endurance back up. 6k is the most I've EVER done...used to do it in 30mins and it's so hard to run that route now and realize how BAD I am at it. :P Baby steps!

7. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Training is coming slowly. I injured my knee and had to take several days off to rest it. Now I am starting on an intense "metabolism" diet for the next 28 days and you can only do cardio 2 days a week (which will be a challenge for me since I ave been running 5 days a week). I plan on picking up the training again after my 28 days are over.

Here is the metabolism plan I am going to follow:
    http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/fast-metabolism-diet-book-and-app/

8. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

Ooh, now I'm curious, rachel. why the fast metabolism diet? will that help with the training?

9. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Good for you Rachel! You will do awesome! I'm proud of you :)

I ran two half marathons and just had the courage to register for a full in the fall. It's on my bucket list...I will only ever run one and I'm not getting any younger so this year is it! I am scared to death. I wish you were here Angie..I would so hire you to coach me. I've got the Hal Higdon app for my phone...he's not quite you :)

10. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

11. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

That's awesome Kelly! You'll do great!
    Rachel- good luck with the 28 day metabolism diet! Looks really interesting.....