I did it! |Pad Patter 12.8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Dec 8, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Remember how I was lamenting not finishing the advent calendar because I didn't have another Silhouette blade and I had worn mine done to nothing?
    Well, I finished it last night! Sure it's a little thing, but my desk is cleaner, and I love that feeling of accomplishment.

So, what have you finished this week that makes you happy? Or this month? Or even this year? Let's celebrate crossing something off together!

(And yes, finishing a bag of chips because you are stressed totally counts!)

Tree City likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I finally got one page for my Project 12 for December done. LOL

Tree City likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

A friend and I hosted a women's breakfast at church this morning. We had been planning it for a long time. I even used Dawn's adorable bear Christmas tags as part of the decoration. It went very well.

DD took the ACT again this morning. She has been studying for weeks. She thinks it went well. She is applying to colleges in January.

And I promise @Sokee that I will go make the November Pocket Letter right now....

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well I got 7 of the December challenges completed and posted. So happy to scrap again as I had been away from my computer for almost two weeks and suffering withdrawal symptoms. Ha...

Tree City likes this.
  5. bestcee

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. bestcee

[​IMG]

That's amazing!

7. bestcee

[​IMG]

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

And I did!!!! Already to mail on Monday assuming I can get there. It is supposed to snow 4-8" or ice or rain or some combo there of. We will have to wait and see on this one.

bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Ummmm...My Amazon cart had been building for several days and today I finally hit "Submit" on the order. Now I need to review the order to see where my gaps are for local buying :)

jk703, bestcee and Tree City like this.
  10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

We did a lot today. I'm tired lol! As my status says, DH and I put together DD's new twin size, metal loft bed. It wasn't exactly "hard," and miracle of miracles, the instructions were pretty easy to follow! But it took 2 hours and just wiped us out. Then DD and I worked on organizing her room cuz now she has all this extra space under her bed. It was something big (in scale and importance) to cross off our list.
    Anyway, we also decorated the tree and added a wifi extender to our Network. Plus we put the ornament boxes back downstairs, which feels like the most boring task! Oh, and DH put his Christmas LEGO on the mantel. We had the firehouse up there already but he added the other like 4 sets he's collected. The mantle is FULL and adorable.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We got our tree up! It's not decorated yet, but it's up! :tree

Tree City likes this.
  12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That feeling of accomplishment is a big deal! :) And sometimes that one "little" thing gets the ball rolling, ya know? One finished project could lead to another!

bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  13. bestcee

That would be #1 on my list!

[​IMG]

Tree City likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I completed three job applications this week which for this time of year is almost unheard of - normally there are hardly any jobs around just before christmas but this month there are 7!

bestcee, QuiltyMom and Tree City like this.
  15. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Ok, so I have three... well, tonnes lately, but these are my big three!
    • I completed my Early Childhood course (which did start as Teacher's Aide but I swapped), and my graduation ceremony is the 17th!
    • I got myself sorted with a resume and sent it out to a couple of my first preference child care services.
    • I have taken small steps to a BIG clean out. 20+ bags of stuff decluttered and donated and about 100 more to (eventually) go.

16. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

... Why do they think they are just allowed to be blunt... just like hot glue sticks, why do they think they are just allowed to be used up?! :giggle:giggle

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  17. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

We ar eprobably not having a tree this year since we have two puppies who will attack it lol

Tree City and amandac like this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

This week has been a HUGE week for me. I went back to work full time for the first time since my kids were born!!! Holy heck I am beyond exhausted. But mostly I feel so so happy, grateful and excited about this opportunity! Not sure if everyone knows - but I went back to school for another degree 3 years ago and have been working towards this for a little while now. So it's awesome to have reached my goal finally!

bellbird, Heidi Nicole and QuiltyMom like this.
  19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OMG ... what kind of puppies?! We need pics!!! Congrats - you sure have your hands full but what an awesome reason to be busy!!!! :beat

20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm caught up on DYD! That's progress! AND I was able to read all my library books that became available ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! phew... ;) Although I just got two more available so I'll be reading nonstop again! lol!

bellbird likes this.