I bought another one? What?| Pad Patter 09.09.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Sep 9, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I admit it, lamps and chairs are something I find myself drawn too. I have an excuse my mom does the same thing. She sent this pic to me last night, instantly I was drawn to the wood and thought, this needs to be redone! I enabled her, and she is picking up today, lol,
    the best part, is her old rocker (that she rocked me some 57 years ago), is coming to my house! Now to find a spot! 118999099_10222971641269116_3668474188019142665_o.jpg

DO YOU have something, that you find yourself collecting that is just funny. Not like stamps or thimbles...lol
    I may or may not also have a spatula addiction.
    [​IMG]

marijke and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Coolers ... I have more than a dozen coolers. I have the right type (soft/hard), size and/or shape for all occasions.

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Roosters! Not live ones, lol!
    [​IMG]
    This fascination hatched in Honduras, where artisans create gorgeous hand painted wooden or ceramic pieces of art- roosters which are so amazing.

4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I fight very hard against this tendency! :smackdown

Memaw2Wm and Tree City like this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Crystal cut glass, just adore them.

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I’m boring, but I buy inexpensive reading glasses and keep them all over the house so I’ll have a pair nearby.

my girls buy shoes and shoes and more shoes! :giggle

hubby buys baseball caps.

Cherylndesigns, Memaw2Wm and jesskab like this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, Peony. I have one in every pocket, every purse, every car, on every table. I can buy them n bulk on Amazon. I can't leave the house without one or my lips will fall off.

Karen, Sokee, Memaw2Wm and 2 others like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahaha! or my lips will fall off! I am laughing so hard! I love your justification!

djp332 likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nothing these days. After going through all the stuff my parents and I collected over the span of 50+ years and put in the basement, I said "no more". Used to be Longaberger baskets and Precious Memories figurines. Thankfully I stopped the PM in 1997 and the LB in 2005.

bestcee, cfile and Memaw2Wm like this.
  10. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Bedding! I am absolutely addicted to comforter sets. Like how many do I really need? They're just so pretty & comfy.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Nope. I haven't been a collector of anything really since I've been an adult. As I teen I collected books and things related to cats or music. I used to jokingly answer this question with "photos," when I used to take hundreds of photos every month, but that hasn't been the case in the last few years. However, I journal a lot, so I can say I'm a collector of memories.

12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Happy Planners - just how many planners does a girl need? I am up to 5 planners and 2 notes HP that I use each day.
    - traditional planner
    - wellness/fitness planner
    - prayer journal planner
    - gratitude planner
    - faith planner (Bible verse per day)
    - chronological Bible notes
    - Bible study notes

I would have more if I could come up for more reasons to use them.

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I collect fun sneakers. :)

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is pretty normal I suppose, but I love collecting books...mostly children's books but any book will do. I have about 5 different lists I use to "shop" from, and I keep my eye out for books in used stores, etc...

I also like all kinds of different sticky notepads. It's how I stay organized. I make lists and stick them around the house, and it's always more fun to have fun notepads to write them on.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

When I see an old camera on a flea market ... I'm lost ...

Memaw2Wm and Karen like this.
  16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Does paper count ? no, that is really a craft supply... isn't it ?
    Tutorials , do they count ? no, that is really a resource .... isn,t it ?
    Books , do they count ? No, they are needed for sanity maintenance ... aren't they ?
    Frying pans, do they count ? Surely not, they are just part of a well stocked kitchen.....
    But.....
    I do blame my hubby for all the extra tables we have , he is hooked on tables.... smallish ones thankfully.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm with your Mom and you Anne... I LOVE to scroll Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for furniture. It drives my poor hubby crazy. I'm also prone to scanning the stuff people leave on the side of the road for free. :giggle I love to re-do/re-paint stuff and make it work in my house. I can't remember the last time I bought any furniture new. I actually just bought TWO new sets of bookshelves on Facebook this weekend and it could be my best score yet! I had one set of bookshelves in my living room and there was only one shelf tall enough for my massive collection of 12x12 Shutterfly albums and it was full. The next book I order was going to be homeless. I started looking for bookshelves that would work and found a set of two with all the shelves tall enough for my albums and deep enough and the guy sold them to me for $20 total! They are solid wood too! I'm so super excited! They are a bit dinged up on the bottom trim piece, so I am planning to repaint them. I even ordered some milk paint to try my hand at a distressed type finish. Wish my luck! I'm sure there will be a layout to follow! :giggle

[​IMG]