I am So frustrated!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by scrapolina, Dec 28, 2014.

1. scrapolina

scrapolina Next stop: Crete

I am using Gimp and have saved my files as jpg without ever having a problem. This time I finished this page and it says the plug in cannot save it as a jpg! :hissy

If I could email my photoshop file to someone could they save it for me as a jpg perhaps until I figure out what is happening with my program? I hate to loose a page I worked on
    Thanks in advance it anyone can help
    Francine AKA Scrapolina

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh send it to me anneofalamo AT yahoo.com, I will try something for ya

3. AnneofAlamo

I'm gonna be out for a few hours, but seriously, I will do what I can when I get back...big hugs

4. scrapolina

You are TOO sweet
    I sent you the xcf gimp file. Please dont take too much of your time if it wont work. I really do SO appreciate it!!

Francine

5. AnneofAlamo

okay, now I know GiMP is free, and I see the amazing thing people do with it...but......................
    have you ever looked at the Elements??
    I did 2 years of scrapbooking using Powerpoint! I didn't even know there was a "program" made to manipulate photos etc... I thought I had died and gone to heaven the first time I googled scrapbook digital...
    My family bought me Elements 3? I think 8 or so years ago, and I was scared, scared of it. But I mastered it, then my son, got me CS5. So many bells and whistles and levers and all, but now learning has become addicting.
    I am a pusher now...and have been known to walk people thru learning Photoshop over the phone....so if you need a push(er) lol, I'm your gal!

6. scrapolina

oh my! I bought photoshop elements a few years ago and have NEVER installed it!! First it was frozen fear that I would have to re learn everything. I had actually mastered gimp for digi work pretty well. Then, my grandbabies started being born and I was awol from digi land for almost a year! We did some major babysitting duty with both of them. Anyway, here I am getting back into it and having senior moments for sure because all the sudden I dont remember how to do some things! LOL!! I am thinking this might be the perfect point to try to find photoshop and just learn it!! Are you still available for phone counseling?? LOL!!!
    I had to delete the page I did but I did a search and think I figured out what happened. In the save as window by default at the bottom said all images. I clicked with my new file name and jpg and error code. I just did another quick page and made sure I changed the bottom of the window from all images to jpg and voila...saved it!! Such a little thing! Oh well!!
    Thanks again for being so very sweet and thoughtful!!
    Francine AKA Scrapolina

7. AnneofAlamo

truth time! I had PS elements for almost 6 months before I installed it! It mocked me on the shelf!
    I blocked out 4 hours, and took my favorite page, and re created it using elements...
    I am still available for phone calls! lol

8. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Lovely to meet you Francine, I use PSE 8 and CS6 so if you need help at all using PSE let me know I'd be more than happy to help you too ;) here's my email just incase: justagirlwithideas@hotmail.com

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Also I find there are plenty of tutorials around to help with the learning curve as well as books. When I first got PSCS4 I borrowed books from the library, then when I found one I liked I bought a copy.

10. emkayess2

emkayess2 I is a member of the grammer police ...

I use PS CC and PSE 12; I think I started with PSE 5 and had the same struggles as everyone else. But anytime I wanted to do something I didn't know how to do I searched for tutorials and voila-- I added a new skill. I've also taken multiple classes at Scrapaneers and from Jessica Sprague, and those really help get you moving fast.

Jessica used to have a suite of classes called "Digi in Deep" and "Digi in Deeper" and they were FANTASTIC but I see she doesn't offer them anymore. I'm sure someone else has something similarly helpful, though, and there's always help here!

So if it's not clear, I'm saying: INSTALL PSE! You won't regret it (after the learning curve).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  11. scrapolina

Thank you all SO much! I have decided to do it!! Just have to find it first..LOL...we have moved twice since I ordered it!

12. AnneofAlamo

I do believe we have way to many similarities in our lives...I have to be honest and say, I busted out laughing at your post!

13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I see this post only now. I had this problem too. Instead of saving my page as jpg, I saved as png. And later, another day, I saved as jpg.
    I don't know why GIMP has this problem