I am NOT over dramatic, whaaat?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Serena, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Okay, so, first, did you guys miss me as much as I missed you?!?! :D I missed you guys TONS! <3<3<3

So my vacation was.. up and down. Full of love but also hyperventilating crying in a bathroom over something someone said to me.

That's not the over dramatic part, that part is coming soon and it's hilarious now that I look back on it now.

I got some lovely photos and my souvenir that I brought back was a sunburn and a nasty head cold.

Here's where we get to the dramatic part. A headcold.. in a plane.. the plane had to stay at this particular altitude because of a 'severe storm' that they had to go around.. it was KILLING my head and making pressure and spikey stabs in my ears. Then we started our actual descent and it got. so. very. much. worse.

I literally thought I was dying. I was sobbing, wanting to cry out but didn't want to scare my son who is already terrified of the plane and was doing well, and didn't want anyone seeing me because I'm mortified when people see me cry. But it hurt. So. Bad. I thought for sure my head was going to explode into a million pieces. The pressure was so bad and the stabbing spiked pains going through my ears were just awful.

Now for the over dramatic part..

One of my first few thoughts? "Oh my Gods, I can't die now, who will tell the girls at the Pad?!?!?!"

It made me giggle a little and fight through the pain, but then I was like mortified because this lady in the seats in front of my daughters saw me and offered some gum real quick. I was horrified she'd seen me like that (my face was soaked and I was trying everything I could to keep quiet) but SUPER grateful because not only did she care, but offered up a solution.

The gum helped and took at least the edge off and so I started trying to focus on positive things. So then I decided to imagine the plane FULL of you guys and the conversations that would be going on. It really helped me out and I wanted you guys to know! <3

:grouphug:stash

Now if I could just kick this cold... :sickie

2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

OMG!!! Headcolds are the worst on the ground, but in a plane?! EKKS!

Ok, your story is pretty darn funny!

Hope you had a good time and are feeling better!!!!!

Hugs!

Serena likes this.
  3. Serena

@KatrinaHunt13 I know, right?!?! It was awful at the time but was thinking about it later that night and started giggling at myself. ::Huuuuug!::

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

GAH!! Head colds are horrible!! I can't even imagine having on a plan WITH a sunburn on top of all of that!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Serena likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Your story totally made me laugh! Although it sounds very very uncomfortable! I hope your sunburn heals quickly!

I may be morbid, but, um, my dh knows if something happens to me he has to come and tell the Pad. He knows the password and everything. I told him I didn't care if he told Facebook, but he had to tell my scrappy peeps.

bcnatty, BevG and Serena like this.
  6. Serena

@bbymks5 ::hugs for her Minnie T:: Gum was awesome!! And a savior!

@bestcee I'm glad, I'm laughing now too!! My other half was on the plane with me, so that plan was out. :( And LOL on the facebook thing! I think I'm with you on that! ::hugs!::

bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  7. bestcee

Alright, alright, you are forcing me to admit my deep dark secrets!

My mom also knows. She has been told to post here in the event something happens to DH and I (with her account of course!). Um, yeah. I'm a little overdramatic too.

LoveItScrapIt and Serena like this.
  8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Ugh...being sick on the plane ! So sorry you to go through that! And I love that you thought of us all at the pad on the plane! Love it! Hope you feel better quick!

Serena likes this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh man... you had me feeling for you and then giggling! Hope you are feeling better! I now must inform DH to visit and post if anything should happen!

bestcee and Serena like this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yikes! That sounds horrid. I have had some awful head colds but never on a plane. So glad the gum helped and imagining us there with you. Of course, you could have also imagined your fellow passengers in their undies - oh wait that is for speeches. Just kidding. Hope you feel better soon.

Serena likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

This has me giggling too. (not the pain or head cold part! gah that sounds horrible sweetie!) TLP is such big part of our lives and we are touched you think of us like family ... and maybe we all need a little instruction sheet for our loved ones should anything happen.

Serena likes this.
  12. Serena

@bestcee Courtney!!!! :yowzaLoving the new avie!!! And you have good dark secrets!! hehe!! And don't worry, we're ODT! (Over Dramatic Twinsies!) Sounds like a fun club!

@jagruti patel <3<3<3 You girls are the BEST and a HUGE positive in my life. :tacklehug

bestcee likes this.
  13. Serena

@BevG You know that you and I would be trouble makers, running up and down the aisles and asking for more peanuts and caffeine.. >.>

@jk703 :overreactMe on the plane. LOL! I am really really baaaad at over reacting. Someone will come home late and I'm going "OMG, what if they're stuck on the side of the road, car in flames, stuck under a huge maple tree that fell over them and their phone is JUUUUUST out of reach?!?!?!!!" Cue Michael Bay style stunts and fire everywhere. Then it's like "I just stopped to get gas." or something.. and I feel like an idiot. lol

@jenn mccabe If you ever wonder, just ask @MrsPeel and she'll verify. You guys ARE family. You all pulled me out of a VERY very very very dark place and every time I feel weak or bad, I come here or think of you guys and am forever grateful!

:love

MrsPeel, jenn mccabe and BevG like this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awww bless your heart! I just love you...you make me smile and giggle all the time :) I often wonder if something happened to me, who would tell my scrappy friends. I need to make sure and put someone in charge of that!

bestcee and Serena like this.
  15. Serena

@IntenseMagic Jan, I could seriously hug you all day, dear Lady! I really hope I can make it to a meet up some day, there are some AMAZING people here and I'd love to just sit and talk with you all!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Oh man that sounds so tortuous! I'm sorry. Your story had me giggling and I sure hope you are feeling better!!
    xo

Serena likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I ALWAYS forget about the gum trick...even when driving!!! But it really does help!!

Lots of hugs for you too!!!

Serena likes this.
  18. bestcee

@Serena thanks! I took the photo today and figured it was time for an update here!

Serena, MrsPeel and jenn mccabe like this.
  19. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That plane ride sounds awful. Thank goodness for that lady who offered you the gum. But you had me giggling at the story by the end.

I need to tell DH how to sign on to the Pad now, just in case. :)

20. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Oh yes, some of us do! (Mine is called 'the black folder of death' - yes, it's kept in a black folder)