I almost made it...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cinna, Aug 31, 2018.

1. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Being up to my neck with things at work I still planned to make it through all the challenges using Dawn´s stuff (except BYOC that is) and I almost made it!
    Like many of you I cannot really believe she is gone - I always enjoyed her designs and she always shared the nicest comments in the forums and the galleries.

I wanted to make my own little tribute to her this month with just using only her designs...
    RIP wonderful Dawn :heartlub

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I did the same and used all Dawn products for the challenges this month (I unfortunately won't be able to finish them though). I thought it was a great tribute too. She will be greatly missed and always remembered.

bellbird, cfile, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

She will be greatly missed but I thinking I will still use her stuff and it will bring a smile of remembrance to my face. Bittersweet for sure, but oh the joy she had in her kits!

bellbird, cfile, A-M and 1 other person like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I used to always check the store to see what new wonderful kit Dawn had created.... I do miss her. She was a special person.
    I know I will find it hard not to go to her kits for future challenge layouts but I know I will definitely still use her designs for my memory pages over the years to come.

bellbird, cinna, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love all the love in this thread.
    I still look to see what she's creating. It'll be strange with her store gone now too.

bellbird, cinna and cfile like this.
  6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I used her kits for the challenges too. It will be as strange not to see her funny / sweet unexpected characters popping up on people's pages.

bellbird, cinna and cfile like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I loved making pages with all of Dawn's creations - especially this month, seeing the gallery flooded with her designs and tributes. I also loved being on her creative team for 2 years and having her friendship for oh gosh it seems like 10 years! I miss her and this morning when I saw her store gone, it brought me so much sadness... it is 2 months almost that she is gone. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that, but thankful that I was able to enjoy her friendship and art for all these years.

I am glad that they have gotten the Memorial Bench for Dawn. It will be at the Paradise Wildlife Park that Dawn, Paul and Carly always visited in the UK. It will be unveiled in November.

Just a note... I will still use her creations in my pages. For me when I use them, it will be a nod to our dear Dawn, who is now soaring with the angels.

bellbird and cinna like this.