I almost died...

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I almost died attending my first abs class.. the next day every part of my body was aching.. I have not been working out for ages and out of the blues I decided to attend abs class.. How long will all the aches last? Should I continue or wait to recover from all the aches?

2. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

My philosophy is, no pain... no gain... I would take a day off and go back at it! :-)

3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

this is why I avoid exercise lol

4. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

You can go but if it hurts you need to take it down a notch Lili. A little muscle ache is nothing to worry about but if you haven't worked out for a long time you better also listen to your body and build up slowly!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just did Jillian Michaels again last night for the first time in awhile and my muscles hurt too! ouch! :)

6. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I rarely do any work out Karen!! this was a killer... I never wanna attend a class again in my life!!

[​IMG]

7. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

a bit of pain is normal like the ladies said, but listen to your body so you don't hurt yourself. AND STRETCH at the end of the class!

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

hot showers, gentle stretching and wait for the ache to have almost subsided before attempting again. you don't want to do any damage so I would go a bit slow the first 4-5 times and then you can increase the intensity and work out more. I do an abs class and even tho I've been doing it for a yr I still take 1-2 days to recover b/c my gut aches like crazy afterwards. it's worth it tho b/c with a thyroid problem I would keep gaining weight if I didn't work out.

10. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I agree - a bit of pain is a good thing - that way you know that you worked em hard! However, I feel your pain! Any time I work out I feel like death the next day LOL. I need to do it much more regularly. I just joined curves and am really liking that, but it is definitely not as hard core as your class!