Hybrid Trinket box scrapbook idea stalled.

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Mylinn, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Hello and thanks for looking.
    Thanks to the Art Journal Shadowbox fun, I tripped and fell into a trinket box bog. It is full of ideas but I've dabbled and carried them out as far as I can. Now, I really really want to make some of these hybrids for the little grandkids.
    I've never done hybrid - cross stitch and sewing yes. Glue, cutting, gulp, never.

Basic idea:
    Small stack of scrapbook pages (not sure how they are bound).
    Pages are printed on both sides.
    All but the Lid and Bottom (outside pages) are mostly cut out in the middle.

On inner pages, a 1" or so edge of solid paper all the way around serves as the box sides. I now realize a thin thin black or dark line needs to go just on the inside of edge to give it more visual depth.

From this edge one or more small tabs paper jut out into the middle. The rest is cut away.

(?laminate each page to keep tabs intact)

This lets you see past the current page/box layer to items/tabs below it.
    As you turn a page, on the back is some text with story, quote, etc. This can be for fun, to explain what was on backside of text, etc.

To build it, print out all pages. Cut out unwanted sections of middle.
    Lay down the bottom page (bottom of the box)
    Lay down the page that covers the bottom.
    Add the other inner pages as you want.
    Top with lid.
    0med.png

Here is a rough idea of what it looks like when lid is lifted (needs inner line to mark inner edge of box). Kits Aviation and Blackbird and Delightfully Distressed. Gimp texture for box.

Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I'm not sure I understand. Are the "small tabs" pictures of stuff that would be in a box?

3. Mylinn

They are - As I keep playing and plodding in the bog, I realize that it might look weird (but the kiddos kinda like my weird lol).
    Pretend the yellow area is not there on these 2 pages. IRL it would be cut away.

Attached Files:

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I can't quite visualize it yet but I will be watching

5. Mylinn

So sorry I've been absent, I have mush brain lately so all I do is surf the net and play facebook games, lol. And! I keep a list of questions, etc to attempt answering during times like this. One of them was how to finally make this trinket box 'scrapbook.'

!! Just found tunnel books - and thanks to a fairly simple youtube video by MrDifficultusername and called tunnel book.wmv, I think I can finally do my idea.

I did see some others, but his works best for my idea - basically the interior of the 'box' is accordian pleats on 2 sides. Each layer I was making above goes slides into place in which ever order one prefers. That way, the 'box' could change from user to user.

Not sure this video or words helps any, so if I can get enough brain cells to function, will try my hand at making a small version of this idea. I have all sorts of goodies to put in my 'trinket box.'