Hybrid Question

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I have a silly question.

How many printer cartridges do you go through while making a card/layout? I tried to print a paper but my colour cartridge ran out.

Is there a smart way to keep colour usage low?

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I've made several projects before needing to change cartridges. I can't imagine one single card needing multiple cartridges! If you're printing a lot of black, you'll want to make sure your printer is actually using the black ink rather than mixing all the colors together. You'd want to check into how to do that for whatever printer you have. That's the only think I can think of that really wastes ink.

3. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't print a whole paper.

I plan out the project on PSE and then create a new document where I move the layers that need to be printed separately to be cut out and added to the finished project. Tutorial on TLP (I don't have the cutter but do similar in laying out the separate layers then send to print) https://the-lilypad.com/how-to-use-a-digital-template-for-hybrid-scrapbooking/

The type of card you are printing on will make a difference, I always make sure to use card/paper made for photos, but a matte instead of glossy. Standard cardstock soaks the ink up and can end up dulling the end result.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Is it a new printer ? If it is that might be the reason, because starter cartridges are tiny.
    Depending on how solid the colours , about 40 to 50 cards and about 100 printed pages with just black and 1 colour ( like highlights and graphs )or 20 to 30 scrapbook pages and 100 printed black and white. or 200 pages mixed printing ( I counted )
    also if you have text that needs printing, but is not urgent save it for when your printer says it is out of ink , because chances are you can still print at least 30 pages of text, before it is really empty. Mine is a Cannon prixma

5. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I print a lot (not only am I a hybrid scrapper but I also homeschool). I have xl cartridges in each of 3 colors plus black. Each cartridge may get changed out every 3-4 months or so.

6. Pallavi01

Thanks for all the suggestions here!

7. Pallavi01

It IS a new printer...so maybe that was it!

8. Pallavi01

Thanks for pointing me to this tutorial!! Totally makes sense!!