Hybrid DYD

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, Nov 9, 2017.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

This month, my daughter and I have been making a hybrid gratitude journal. The feeling of actual paper in my hands again has been so nice!

Which made me consider wanting to do a hybrid DYD album.

My question— have any of you done a hybrid DYD? I would love to see pictures if you have.

bellbird likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

londoncuppa likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

The more I think about it, the more I want to go for it. I am trying to decide because I think I would use different things if I was doing hybrid versus digital. The decisions are tough lol.

bellbird, RebeccaH and bestcee like this.
  4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I do a hybrid album every year. I'll try to get some pics posted. Hybrid is the best of both worlds, so why not? Amber LaBau has a great digital and paper Christmas line called 'Holly.' I just ordered the 12x12 papers (I already own the digital bundle).

I love being able to add elements that are tactile, such as shaker pockets with faux snow, miniature pine garland, etc.

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. GlazeFamily3

That is what excites me- the ability to add things that while cool in digital, just are not the same as in a hybrid album (like shaker pockets).

I also really love the feel of actual paper in my hands. But digital products offer such a wider range of products.

So, i think the hybrid bug has definitely bitten me!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh you should go for it desi @GlazeFamily3 - if you do a little planning now, it will be more manageable. i'm attempting my first DYD ever this year, so I'm going to keep it simple and digi ... but I would love to one day do a hybrid! go for it!

londoncuppa likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I look forward to seeing it!
    I don't have a photo printer nearby, so I don't think hybrid would work for me at this time. Maybe I could finish a different year in hybrid though.

londoncuppa likes this.
  8. londoncuppa

That's great, Desi. I can't wait to see what you do! I'm so excited to scrap right now.

I'm working on a first-ever hybrid attempt for me...a 12x12 pop-up layout. Yes, I'm crazy. I LOVE Amber's City Sidewalks set, and I'm trying to make a pop-up scene using it. We'll see if it turns out or ends up being an epic fail. If it works, I'm going to try the technique in my DD album.

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i'm excited to see it, too! I always love hybrid projects! i'm just not very good at them :giggle

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I love the idea of a hybrid album because I would love to add all kinds of ephemera to my DYD book! Scraps of wrapping paper, our actual Christmas card, programs from holiday concerts/shows... sigh. I would love to attempt it, but I'm not sure I have the time to do the prep this year. I might be in for next year though!

londoncuppa likes this.
  11. londoncuppa

Go for it, Tracie! There's nothing like looking back 10 years from now and being able to touch the actual things you experienced. Pictures just aren't the same (sorry...I'm a hybrid evangelist...lol). Everything you do is awesome, so I know a hybrid DYD album of yours would rock!

12. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I love the idea of a hybrid, but I know I'd get overwhelmed and it would turn into another unfinished project :( But I think they're so beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with if you go this route!

GlazeFamily3 likes this.
  13. GlazeFamily3

I may start smaller for my first hybrid album. December is crazy busy with the normal holiday stuff, but then we also have Raileigh getting her black belt, traveling for a week, and my 13th wedding anniversary, so I worry I will not be able to print pictures and catch up with the album as quickly as I would like and it will ultimately sit unfinished... still debating what to do.

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I would love to see that!

londoncuppa likes this.
  15. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

I'm going to do my DYD in a hybrid way, because this is the first time I'm doing it and I'm used to traditional project life. I chose a binder from Kesi'art in 6x8.

bellbird and Angela Toucan like this.
  16. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

I got hooked onto the Planner dinga-bob in Nov. So I continued into Dec with my 1st DD 2017. And I'll be doing a few hybrid pages.

These are the pages using TLP kits. There are other hybrid pages which I use my own stash. You can chk out my instagram here = https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/purlz76_decemberdaily2017/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

londoncuppa and Angela Toucan like this.