Hump Day Getting to know You!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mlpieters, Mar 10, 2010.

1. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

Goodness so glad it's Wednesday!

1. What languages do you speak?

2. What is the first thing you notice about people?

3. What fruit would other people say you are?

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?

5. If you were invisible where would you go?

2. mlpieters

1. What languages do you speak? I can speak a few words in Dutch, understand several British sayings but mostly just plain ol' English.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Guys - how they shake my hand and what their hands are like -- Women -- their confidence or lack there of

3. What fruit would other people say you are? pineapple - pr1ckly on the outside but sweet if you get to know the inside

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? I don't remember but I know that I thought that Lee Majors (Big Valley), Robert Conrad (Wild, Wild West) and Burt Reynolds (Canonball Run) were hot hot hot!!

5. If you were invisible where would you go? Behind closed doors. I'm just so dang curious to know what people say behind closed doors.

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

1. What languages do you speak? English and a smidge of French (probably not enough to get by unless everyone in France wants to know my name!)

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? When I'm meeting them, how much eye contact they have. In general, I notice shoes

3. What fruit would other people say you are? HA! Usually people say I'm just fruity!

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Hands down, Shaun Cassidy! Hubba hubba!

5. If you were invisible where would you go? Where wouldn't I go?? First place would be to my bosses' partnership meetings ...

4. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

Lauren, I LOVED Robert Conrad and Wild Wild West.

1. What languages do you speak? English. I know a lot of Spanish vocabulary.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Whether or not they're smiling

3. What fruit would other people say you are? strawberry, depending on how ripe I can be tart or sweet. :)

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? That was a long time ago. I remember thinking Ricky Schroeder (Silver Spoons) was soooo cute and wishing that Scott Baio (Charles in Charge) could be in charge of me. :D

5. If you were invisible where would you go? same as Lauren. I'd love to know what people really think about me. or wait...do i?

5. Jessie

Jessie New Member

1. What languages do you speak? English, some Doric and Gaelic just a few words that my husband has taught me

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? teeth

3. What fruit would other people say you are? my friends would give some kind of off hand comment of me just being a fruit loop!

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Ricky Shrouder on Silver Spoons.

5. If you were invisible where would you go? to my sons highschool to get the real story of his day

6. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

1. What languages do you speak? English and a bit of Hebrew

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? hmm. i'm not really sure...

3. What fruit would other people say you are? uhh, passion fruit because when i love something... i really love it.

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? the ladies of TLC or the Lawrence Brothers

5. If you were invisible where would you go? everywhere. Mostly to concerts or other live productions. Maybe even the locker room of some select sports teams. :peekin

7. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

1. What languages do you speak? English. I know a smidgle of Spanish and German but not enough to communicate effectively. I also studied Latin for 7 years, but that's not really a language to "speak", lol!

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their countenance..if they look happy, confident, etc.

3. What fruit would other people say you are? probably a strawberry, sweet with a bit of tart and has a special relationship with chocolate

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? probably Bill Cosby, lol. Not a crush kind of thing, obviously but I just loved The Cosby Show.

5. If you were invisible where would you go? Hmmm...lots of places. I too would be tempted to hear what is said behind closed doors of all sorts, mostly not personal as much as our politicians, etc.

8. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

1. What languages do you speak? English and German

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? if they look me in the eye

3. What fruit would other people say you are? An apple. Totally uncomplicated. No hidden surprises.

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? I totally loved the entire A-team and The Dukes of Hazzard. As a preteen it was all about Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, Johnny Depp (yep, even back then).

5. If you were invisible where would you go? NBA court side anytime I wanted :-)

9. mlpieters

i am loving everyone's answers!!!

10. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

These are tough!

1. What languages do you speak? English, some german and soon to be a whole lot of french.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? probably there smile, or lack thereof

3. What fruit would other people say you are? ha, no clue.

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? oh there were a ton, I think I crushed on every cute boy in the 80's.

5. If you were invisible where would you go? To my son's preschool, I want to know what he does all day and how he really interacts with his classmates

11. Kristine

Kristine Start spreadin' the news ...

1. What languages do you speak? Norwegian, English and a tiny bit of French (as in I can ask for directions but probably wouldn't understand the reply), and I understand Danish and Swedish as they are very similar to Norwegian.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their smile

3. What fruit would other people say you are? :banana Mainly because I wanted to use that smiley, I have no idea really

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Tom Cruise?

5. If you were invisible where would you go? Everywhere!

12. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Very fun questions, Lauren!!

1. What languages do you speak? English and decent French

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? I'm not sure, but I'll be thinking about it now. I do think I notice people's countenance and if we shake hands, definitely the handshake--any thing less than a good firm shake kind of weirds me out!--mostly, I am trying to make sure my boys aren't running over everyone around them! LOL

3. What fruit would other people say you are? not sure, what fruit is strong and determined, but sweet without being overly sweet <-- b/c that's the kind of fruit I would want others to call me :)

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? I loved all the Olympic ice skaters

5. If you were invisible where would you go? not everywhere, b/c there is some stuff that I just don't want to see, but I would love to have an inside look at people's lives who are in the spotlight to see if they are the same way when the cameras aren't rolling

13. mlpieters

good gravy. this as a child? you so just made me old. :lol2

if a guy shakes my hand all soft or half handed..it's just ew.

14. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Oh yes, wet noodle handshakes are icky.

15. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Here's a funny for today ..... "After Monday and Tuesday...even the calendar says: W T F" If I offended anyone, please accept my sincerest apologies. I thought it was funny enough to share.

1. What languages do you speak? None fluently but I sure can count to 10 in 5 languages. I know, that won't get me too far, huh?!?!

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Since I'm a shoe-fanatic.....their shoes!!!

3. What fruit would other people say you are? B-Banana.....B-E-Banana! CRAZY!!!

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Leif Garrett, Andy Gibb, Clark Brandon. Hey, I didn't turn 15 until 1980!

5. If you were invisible where would you go? Everywhere! Okay, maybe not EVERYWHERE....if you KWIM! ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  16. monalisasmiles

monalisasmiles New Member

1. What languages do you speak? Dutch, English, I can understand and read German a bit but I connot pronounce it.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their haircut and style..

3. What fruit would other people say you are? A lemon, LOL. I can be a bit grumpy sometimes...

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Well, I think I will have to agree on mr. Cruise... I saw top gun at 12 and noticed guys could be "cute" for the first time I think. And soon after that NKOTB... What was I thinking...

5. If you were invisible where would you go? In my DD's classroom and DS's kindergarden class. Just to see how they interact and if I raised them well so far ;)

17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

OMG, how could I forget Andy Gibb?? I still belt out "Shadow Dancing" in the car if I hear it on the radio!

18. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Fun stuff here! Love the answers so far!

1. What languages do you speak? Just english - took 2 yrs of spanish in school, but my girls know more spanish than me from Kindergarten and threeschool (and Dora!)

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Probably their nails - odd I know, but I am a cosmetologist and I LOVE doing nails and toes!!!

3. What fruit would other people say you are? Hmmm..this is the toughest question. not a blueberry b/c I am not often blue, not a dragon fruit b/c I am not often a dragon. Let's see. Maybe an orange - you just have to keep peeling me! :)

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Definitely Zack Morris on Saved by the Bell! I was born 1980, so this was the show that I watched at 10 and 11!

5. If you were invisible where would you go? With my daughter to school - just to see how she interacts when I am not around!

19. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

1. What languages do you speak? English, a little spanish/french sometimes in the same sentence, lol.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Wow that is tough. I suppose height.

3. What fruit would other people say you are? I don't know. No one has actually ever called me a specific fruit. LOL You tell me?

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Shaun Cassidy (Yikes, did I just admit that.)

5. If you were invisible where would you go? To school with my kids. It would be fun to know who they are there.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  20. EricaLA

EricaLA Member

1. What languages do you speak? Portuguese and English. I can understand Spanish very well though I can't speak more than 50 words.

2. What is the first thing you notice about people? Probably their faces.

3. What fruit would other people say you are? Have no idea.

4. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? This one is hard, I didn't watch TV very often when I was a child. Maybe Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, I just wanted to do all those things they did on the movies. lol

5. If you were invisible where would you go? I would travel around the world for free. :happyclap