Hug your kids day | pad patter 7.16.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 16, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's Global Hug Your Kids Day, so give your kids a great big ole bear hug!
    [​IMG]

I'm so lucky that all of my kids are back home for a few weeks now so I can get triple hugs in, YAY! I love getting and giving hugs to my hubby and kids so this holiday is right up my alley. A good hug makes everything better and releases ocytocin which makes us happy and most importantly hugs help us feel loved. Who doesn't want to feel loved, right!

How about you? Are you a hugger?

amien1 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Aww, I better text my mom to ask her to hug my kids today. Not that Grammie needs encouragement to snuggle on her grandkids, no matter how old they get! :)

I'm not anti-hug, but I'm not a Hugger. It's not like I cross my arms in front of my chest and back away from outstretched arms (which is an appropriate response if you really don't want to be hugged!), but I also don't leap at the chance to hug. Maybe it's cuz of my height? But of course I hug my kids all the time. DS is a big hugger/cuddler, but DD not so much--esp. since she became the Tween Diva. Now I really do cherish when she reaches out for a hug.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm a huge hugger and do it all the time with my family, but I'll make sure I get extra hugs in for my sweet children today.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

This is going to make me sound like a horrible person/mom/wife. I don't mind hugging as long as the person hasn't just come inside from being outside...they smell like a wet dog, regardless of how long they were outside, it just takes a few seconds.

I'd make a horrible teacher...I've been in a classroom or two these past six years when the kids come in from the playground and I start to gag LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My 13 year old comes to give me hugs about 8000 times a day, always has lol. He will just periodically pop up and say "give me a hug", and then run off again. So, I've had a bunch already today :) My oldest is at the beach, so I guess that one will have to wait and my daughter is working. Wonder what she would think if I just popped in to her work and said "I'm just here for a hug" :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Guess I will go scare them...lol...teens always think you're up to something when you do something like tht

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

:glomp :grouphug :happyhug I love hugs !!

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Yep- totally! I hug all my family. We're even kissers. My hubby used to think it was weird that I kissed my mom on the mouth- it's just a quick peck. We've always been very much hugger/kissing family. It's funny because his family is NOT so I even go out of the way to hug his mom/dad & cousins! lol! :grouphug

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We're all huggers, too.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm only a hugger with my immediate family - even with extended family or friends it's not my natural inclination. Of course if someone is a hugger I'm happy to oblige, I'm comfortable because they are comfortable, you know? I make extra sure to squeeze my teen and tween at least once a day, because I know they still need it but won't ask for it.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I hug my kids constantly... and they are usually pretty good about reciprocating. No groans yet, lol! I hug and kiss my immediate family, some close friends but otherwise I just go with the flow. I wouldn't call myself a hugger or kisser unless it's my immediate family, but will go with the cheek kiss or hug with friends if it heads that way. I know... clear as mud. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Same!! Except I don't peck Matt's family. They are all smokers and I just can't.

amien1 and keepscrappin like this.
  13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I grew up in a non-hugging family, then I married into a very hugging family. It took me the longest time to catch on. Now I’ll hug just about anyone.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Aww, I was so busy yesterday I never visited TLP and I missed this special day!

I love hugs but I'm rarely the initiator. I guess because I grew up in a non-affectionate family. So it doesn't come naturally. I wish it did, but I honestly don't even think to initiate hugs much. My girls seems to be like me, but my son seems to have inherited a hugging gene from somewhere because he hugs me every day and even hugs everyone else he gets to know! :love

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

Good point! I definitely don't want to hug a smelly or sweaty person... hehe

16. keepscrappin

It's good to keep em on their toes... bwaahaha!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.