How's the Weather? | Pad Patter 04.15.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Apr 15, 2023.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I love that we are an international community with folks from the northern hemisphere, southern hemisphere, USA, England, Sweden, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Brazil...and many, many, more! Those are just the countries that immediately came to mind.

I'm in the USA - Missouri. Spring is springing. It's beautiful out. Walking in my favorite park is like walking in a garden paradise with the Dog Wood Trees and Red Buds in full bloom. The spring wildflower are so pretty - especially the violets that are everywhere! We've had temperatures reach 80F/27C.

But truthfully, I am going to miss winter for several reasons.
    1. Walking the Missouri hills is very uncomfortable at 80F. I will miss the 30-50F (-1C - 10C) temperature range as I did not get hot, nor did I have to carry water with me...even on my 5 mile hikes.

2. I have already pulled three ticks off me...and at least 10 more that were crawling on me. It's not even summer yet and the trails are becoming impossible to walk...unless one wants to get covered in ticks. So I will for sure miss the bug dormancy that occurs in winter.

3. I have sun burn on the back of my neck. Yesterday before my Obi walk, I put sunscreen on my face and ears, but totally forgot my neck and now I'm burnt. Seriously. I don't burn in winter...maybe because I always have a scarf on! Or maybe because the sun less potent.

So, it is GORGEOUS out, and the long days = more energy. But this gal LOVES winter and is going to miss it. Bye winter.

How about you where you are in the world? How's the weather? What's your favorite season and why?

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

It has been super nice this week. 70's and 80 yesterday. Supposed to be nice again today but rain tomorrow and Monday with the high on Monday around 40. Looks like temps are on a rollercoaster ride next week... up and down and up again!

I love this weather because I hate cold. Being nice yesterday actually inspired me to run to Lima to run a couple of errands that I've been wanting to do for awhile. I've been wanting a frame for a layout I'm giving to my cousin that I did to commemorate the ashes disposal of her son on the Ohio River last summer. She texted me a photo while it was being done.

I did a couple of small things outside (getting all those pesky leaves that gathered on the patio since December out of there) and took a couple of short walks with Peyton. And, now since it got nice I've been able to say hi to the neighbors I don't see all winter!

tjscraps likes this.
  3. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I live in Alberta, Canada. When I left for Phoenix last Monday we had snow on the ground, and it’s snowed 3 times this week according to hubby. It melts same day but the accumulation of snow has not gone away (from shoveling driveway, etc). Spring is NOT springing lol. The weather next week looks ok though, about 10’c (50 F), which is warm to us (summer it’s 25ish - 77’F, anything more than that is only for a few days/ maybe a week or two and we feel like we are dying lol)

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm glad you know to check yourself for ticks Lisa! Eek!

How's the weather?
    The weather here is warming up, but it seems to be going in spurts. It was 30F last week, 70F this week. The forecast looks like it will waver between 40F and 60F this coming week. I don't like when it warms up because then the spiders appear in our house and surprise me and my kids which I do not appreciate.

What's your favorite season and why?
    Fall is probably my favorite season because I love watching the leaves change colors and the bugs disappear and the weather get cooler. I also love not having to mow the lawn any more and not having to shovel snow, though I'd much rather shovel snow than mow the lawn.

5. ArmyGrl

Wow! That sounds lovely. I think I am adapting to and enjoying cooler weather more and more.

tjscraps likes this.
  6. ArmyGrl

That made me giggle (sorry). :giggle

umyesh likes this.
  7. ArmyGrl

It's amazing how people-y it got in the parks. Folks are coming out of the woodwork, literally :giggle

8. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I live in the Phoenix AZ area where it is warm and sunny all year and unpleasantly hot in the summer. So, we've really been enjoying the unusually cool and rainy winter that we had this year. Because of all the rain, the wild flowers went absolutely nuts over the last month -- a historic "superbloom" that has had people out taking pictures all over the dessert. But, all good things must come to an end and this week, we hit 100 for the first time - so the too-hot summer is just around the corner.

9. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

After a long, hard winter, followed by a damaging ice storm just last week, the weather here in Ottawa, Canada is absolutely glorious this weekend: sunny and mild and springlike at last!

tjscraps likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

That sounds SO nice! I love dogwood trees! I have one- but long story short- deer love them, so it's more of a dead bush with a few leaves. :( I also don't think they like the cold we have here in the winter.

Today was beautiful in Spokane (eastern) Washington- low 60's. I made the kids do some yard clean up with me- get all the pine needles out of the flower beds and all the pinecones out of the yard. I think hubby will mow for the first time tomorrow! I have a lot of bulbs that are coming up- but no flowers yet. It's JUST started staying above freezing at night- so slowly but surely turning into Spring.

Favorite season here is probably Fall/Autumn. We have warm days, but cooler evenings and usually the most gorgeous sunsets! One of the best things about where I live is that we do get all seasons, so just when you're getting sick of one, another is about to begin! ;)

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I live in Western North Carolina. It was beautiful today - high 70s. It's been all over the place the last few weeks: cold, rainy, hot, cold again. But I think we are finally going to be seeing the spring weather consistently. I love spring, summer, and fall. Summer used to be my fave, but I think Spring is now...but really, I just like anything except winter. Haha!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, it was 82 on Friday and then 75? on Saturday and this morning it is snowing again in SW Michigan... so maybe you'll get a little more winter for yourself too Lisa. :giggle

G.J. likes this.
  13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

It was 80s all week and now.. we have a massive snow storm.. like 15 inches.. so mother nature isn't a friend of mine right now

G.J. likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm in NJ, East Coast US. I spent the weekend at the beach. It was almost 78 on Friday, but very very windy. Saturday was cloudy, cooler, but still nice around 72. And Sunday was a foggy mess. Its early for the weather to be this warm, so I'm a little concerned out summer will be overheated! Summer is usually my favorite!

15. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Here our spring - summer starts quickly and do it big, with midnight sun, thunders, lightings, ticks, gnats and mosquitos, temperatures have reached 89.6 F / 32C in past years, and in a house with double wall, it feels like an oven. I hate summer and I do love winter, I don't care if temperatures reach -25 F for a month (usually February), but it feels great to walk on the snow, fresh and a free sensation, thing that I cannot get during summer. Also, there is not thunders, so I can surf on the web with no worries, but during summer I must watch continuously Real time lightning map, what really drains my energy and decrease my creative capacity. And plus spring allergies, that this year have been one of the most awful, so much pollen. Seriously I've ponder to spend the next spring - summer in Argentina.

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I still don't really have a spring feeling ... it remains fresh, cloudy, rainy. :cry:cry

17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Our weather in Pennsylvania can't make up it's mind. We've had in the past week - a super hot & sunny day and a day that had snow, sleet, hail, rain. It's currently rain, rain and more rain called for today and until next week. I am not minding the temperatures lately because they aren't too hot BUT these kind of days never last too long. It will be super hot before we know it and then the complaining of it being too cold will then shift to the "ugh, it's sooooo hot" My favorite season where I live is Fall. I love the cool but not freezing temps and mostly love all the gorgeous colors of leaves and all - cozy season :)

18. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I live in South Wales in the UK, it is currently 16 Degrees and cloudy. The weather here lately has been miserable, we have had heavy rain on and off for the last few days. I am wishing the warming dryer weather to arrive.

19. ArmyGrl

@Mrsdudds Lets switch! Missouri NEEDS rain!

20. ArmyGrl